What games are you playing now?

It seems I'm on a roll. Darkness Over Daggerford, the Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition premium module, is regularly crashing to desktop. I lost an hour of progress yesterday, including completing two quite complex and involved quests. I'm also suspicious about a repeater bug where loot doesn't show up, but does if you come back later. The crashing to desktop one is the one I'm really noticing though and the game didn't do a single autosave that entire time ;)

Playing a rogue lite in early access called Noita. Great fun so far. The environments are all simulated with a physics engine so you have lots of control over what happens in game. You play a wizard and start with 2 basic wands. You progress by collecting new spells that you can modify your wands with to almost endless possibilities. Surfaces and materials play a big part in the game. Between levels you get a refill on hp and new charges to your wands. There you can also purchase new wands and spells. When you die you start all over and lose all your wands and spells so if that's not for you then look elsewhere.
The graphics are a bit retro pixel art but very nicely done. I'm having a blast so far and can really recommend it.

Last edited:
Still continuing on with Dark Souls 3 and Cat Quest II. Enjoying both quite a lot.

I can start to understand why people like DS games - the game rewards those who are willing to learn each monsters move and react accordingly. You be patient and strike at the right time, you will advance. You be greedy, you can get you ass kicked by some "trash" mobs. The atmosphere of the game is amazing and its drawing me in (and I don't usually like gloomy game as such as this!)

Cat Quest II on the other hand is super duper cute :D Been playing for 2 hours so far, very enjoyable but its not something you can play for too long in one sitting.

After finishing Pillars of Eternity Two on Friday, I started playing Queen's Wish yesterday. I've only put about three hours in so far, just enough to liberate my first town and check out the environs a bit, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy the kingdom-building aspects of the game, but for right now the exploration is really drawing me in. I do like how you do not get experience for sheer combat, rather, that is earned by completing quests and finding/exploring new areas.

Here's a game I never thought I'd enjoy this much. Spyro - Reignited Trilogy. A remake of the original 3 games. I got it with the HumbleBundle this month. A great combo for this month.

I'm only halfway through the first Spyro, and I'm sure I can give it a positive rating.

I'm not much for platformers, but somehow this game came my way right at a moment when I wanted some relaxed gaming time. And boy does it deliver. From the cute graphics, great art style to laid back gameplay, It sure does evoke a dream like feeling.

The puzzles and plaforming are just challenging enough to not bore you, but also not infuriate you.

The only parts which are negative, and this is very subjective mind you, are the flying levels. So annoying, as it's very difficult to have proper spacial awareness. And they're always time based. And the margin of error is always razor thin. Thankfully, they're quite rare, and they seem to not be mandatory? Not sure. I hope I don't stumble onto any mandatory ones.

Anyways, recommended for lovers of platforming, and not only.

I'm replaying Antharion. I liked it but the devs kept messing with the game and messing up my builds. Now that they haven't touched it in a year or two I'm finally going back in and trying it again.

I read "Cat Quest" here ... Reminds me of the new TDE-related pen & paper roleplaying games system called "Die Schwarze Katze" ("The Black Cat") with cats as heroes !

It has been published only recently. I don't know whether there's an English-language version of it.
I hope i can buy a specimen at the board games fair in Essen, Germany, later this month.

Just did a look into the Cat Quest Demo ... Uh ... Can't resist ...

I can start to understand why people like DS games - the game rewards those who are willing to learn each monsters move and react accordingly. You be patient and strike at the right time, you will advance. You be greedy, you can get you ass kicked by some "trash" mobs. The atmosphere of the game is amazing and its drawing me in (and I don't usually like gloomy game as such as this!)

This 100%! This feeling is so addictive, once you master and kill one boss, you are so pumped up and ready for the next and then towards the next one etc. I don't finish, many games these days as I tend to get bored towards the end but this is one game I saw it through to the end.

One of the reason why many people give up or don't like this game is that, you have to give yourself to the game and its rules. You are not allowed to play by your rules. Like you say, each monster has its rules and you better learn it. Once this bit clicks, then its pure bliss.

Anyway Praise the Sun Sister @purpleblob;, its nice to have another convert to the religion that is Dark Souls :)

Replaying Spellforce 3, fantastic game; and heard the expac is eveb better, cant wait to play it after the main game :biggrin:
@purpleblob; i hope you played the first 2 games as well, first is the best of the series.

Replaying Spellforce 3, fantastic game; and heard the expac is eveb better, cant wait to play it after the main game :biggrin:
@purpleblob; i hope you played the first 2 games as well, first is the best of the series.

Nope... I will get to them once I finish DS3 first :p

How odd. Been totally addicted to Desktop Dungeons.
I might say this is the best casual rpg I've ever played. Well done QCF!

I'm really digging into Queen's Wish now, after a few days of some deep exploration and learning the differences between this game and some prior ones. There are some things I'm not a fan of, such as additional creature mysteriously appearing as opposition during combat (and I'm not talking about summoned creatures/pets by mages, but new opponents that simply appear out of thin air), and some of the quest descriptions are beyond vague, but the exploration factor makes up for some of the other things that might be lacking.

Dragon Age Origins with all the DLC and some mods. Does anybody know a good graphics mod that works with windows 10? They all seem to say directx9.
So far, so good, nothing super terrible and lots of quests and plot trust that, even as I know them, I still enjoy!

Dragon Age: Origins is such a great game, I've not replayed it in maybe four or five years now, might have to dust that one off soon. Of course, for me it is the only actual Dragon Age game as well.

I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn. It's pretty cool game with an awesome heroine.

Back
Top Bottom