What games are you playing now?

Yes there is this phasing quests, but they mean little in common picture. Like when you help Dominion queen and main quest ends, that's it -it has no impact on game world, same as when you banish Molag Bal, it don't change a thing - Anchors still appear and threat is still out there.
In comparison in WOW some core personages dies and others come to power, even gameworld changed due to cataclysm - I love those things and in ESO there are none of that, maybe in future… but I doubt it.

Well, I don't really agree. Once you complete the major quests - you're actually acknowledged as "the savior" - and the NPCs remember your actions.

But, as I said, if you actually "won" the game - or the anchors stopped appearing, that would be a huge problem when you grouped with other players to complete those activities.

Again, I don't agree the landscape change in Cataclysm was "dynamic" - because that was just handcrafted by Blizzard and definitely didn't result from any player action at all.

At least in ESO - you get a ton of feedback from NPCs when you complete quests, which you will notice if you speak to them afterwards. I never really saw that in WoW.

Even random NPCs call out and praise you in ESO after the bigger events. I think that's pretty cool.

However, we just have different perspectives.

I'm glad you enjoy WoW so much - and if you think it's more dynamic than ESO, that's cool with me :)

Ha ha, man, I haven't played WOW for many years! :) ESO is my only online game!
But, yeah seems like I like WOWs approach to world building and story better than ESO, though of course there are a lot of thing ESO does better, that's why I still play it!:]

By the way many of WOWs early boring quests (kill 10 wolves) has changed in starting areas and I found them very interesting and fun, like protecting caravan in Barrens on the way to Crossroads and some others.

Gobbo starting area quests were a blast! :D

I remember Warcraft, for the brief almost week that I played it. Found it way too easy, went back to Everquest two, and never missed Warcraft at all. I did enjoy the stand alone games from the nineties a lot, though.

I finished Risen maybe a couple of years ago, and now I'm about to start playing Risen 2. I pretty much liked the open-world aspect of the 1st Risen, I'm hoping they did the same way in the 2nd one.

Wish me luck! ;)

Still playing Path of Exile. Didn't touch any other game for a year and a half, exept few games of AoW3 now and then. I'm really enjoying 3.1 expansion. :)

I bought Subnautica (it released a few days ago). It's not a RPG, but I love exploration and building and it has very good reviews (and it cost less than $30).

Water never looked so pretty…and scary.

I got Elex for a holiday gift, started playing Monday and I'm really liking it. The combat seems pretty tough to me, so I've been bouncing between three towns that I've found so far and doing quests. Yesterday I was running away from my camp and saw a troll walking around, went in for a closer look and saw this sweet bow sitting there, so I nabbed it. This game reminds me a lot of the very first Risen, in a good way.

Still playing ESO - and enjoying it a lot.

Tried more Shroud of the Avatar - and I'm undecided. It has a lot of old-school quirky shit - and that's both good and bad. I find it hard to guage the quality of the overall experience, but I still think it would be an interesting game to play cooperatively.

Bought Subnautica and spent a couple of hours with it. I like it - but I also dislike it. I don't know what the hell it is about these modern grinders that's so appealing to so many - but I guess I'm just too old for all the trivial grinding. Just let me play the damned game ;)

Bought Subnautica and spent a couple of hours with it. I like it - but I also dislike it. I don't know what the hell it is about these modern grinders that's so appealing to so many - but I guess I'm just too old for all the trivial grinding. Just let me play the damned game ;)

After 4 restart (1st was trying to understand how the game works, 2 and 3 were testing the modes and features, 4th is the current one), I stopped harvesting everything I could because nothing require an insane amount of material to build, you just need to remember where to find the stuff (and most is under 100m of the lifepod). Now, I just spend my time exploring and scanning (and swimming with reefbacks because they are awesome) and once there is something I want to build, I look at the material list and go fetch just what I need which usually takes only a few minutes.

The end result of that is that I got a moonwell (sub base) and a sub (the one-seater seamoth) after just 5 days (in-game which is like 2 hours in real life) while I never achieved to build the seamoth before because I never found enough vehicule module fragment nor never found any moonwell fragments (along other things) in 5+ hours.

Once you understand the mechanics, it's faster to just explore.

Oh and I also started to make myself a paper map, although I'm starting to think I should use beacons and name areas instead.

Last edited:
ACO got an expansion.
It's smaller than the main game (3 areas) and it's more of a same. There is another gladiator arena mode (not that bad), new bosses (one was ridiculously hard on normal setting and almost killed me a few times but I managed somehow), new papyrus puzzles (must collect all pokemon!) and thank god there are no new retarded chariot races!

So far I love it.

After 4 restart (1st was trying to understand how the game works, 2 and 3 were testing the modes and features, 4th is the current one), I stopped harvesting everything I could because nothing require an insane amount of material to build, you just need to remember where to find the stuff (and most is under 100m of the lifepod). Now, I just spend my time exploring and scanning (and swimming with reefbacks because they are awesome) and once there is something I want to build, I look at the material list and go fetch just what I need which usually takes only a few minutes.

The end result of that is that I got a moonwell (sub base) and a sub (the one-seater seamoth) after just 5 days (in-game which is like 2 hours in real life) while I never achieved to build the seamoth before because I never found enough vehicule module fragment nor never found any moonwell fragments (along other things) in 5+ hours.

Once you understand the mechanics, it's faster to just explore.

Oh and I also started to make myself a paper map, although I'm starting to think I should use beacons and name areas instead.

I'm fascinated enough by the game that I can deal with the grinding.

That said, I never went out of my way to harvest anything - I just went after exactly what the blueprint said I needed.

I just don't find the gathering/crafting for basic tools very interesting - and I consider it an unfortunate modern trend.

Also, I really don't find the whole build your own base gameplay very interesting either. That's my least favorite part of Fallout 4, for instance.

But I love underwater settings - and I think it's very well done here. If there's a story and neat things to find - then I'll likely enjoy it quite a bit.

If it's "just" pretty visuals - I'll get bored pretty fast.

We'll see :)

But thanks for the info.

I'm still playing Subnautica. It got me out of a my "everything is boring" spell I had since the end of December.

I really like how interactive the tools and equipment are. This game is doing the in-game interface super well. The scanner room is awesome (comes with remotely controllable cameras, a 3D hologram topography and something you can select to decide what to scan for). I really like my Seamoth too we go everywhere together (now renamed to Nickel).

I discovered a super creepy biome last night, even the PDA AI's mentioned how the place had 7 of the 9 elements that induce terror in humans. It was eerily unsettling. The bone fishes were kinda cute though.

I have also been doing some reading about the game. I learned today that beds can actually be used to skip time in-game (useful when you are scared to go out at night), that you can sit on chair and that stalkers can steal the scanner room cameras so watch out where you leave them. I also learned that you can find time capsules created by other players who finished the game (finished the storyline).

I love puzzle games, riddles. I like such games 'cause it gives me the satisfaction of meeting and conquering a challenge. I do cryptic crosswords. Also I like real life quest room like the "Clinic". Last time I had a great experience in The Quest Factory escape rooms in LA with my friends. Very detailed decoration and we loved the theme. Great puzzles and tasks.

I started playing Willy Nilly Knight yesterday, I've put about five hours into it and really like it. It seems quite similar to Battle Chasers: Nightwar, in that you walk around a map, and have encounters which then transition into turn based combat. It has a cartoony look that I'm not terribly fond of, but I'll put up with it for the combat style and quests.

Just started Avernum 3: Ruined World (GoG editon!). Really looking forward to assailing the world above in the weeks to come.
Also having the occasional session of Delver (first person dungeon bash/ rogue-like) and Darkest Dungeon.

Weekly co-op sessions:
We're currently playing Torchlight 2 and thoroughly enjoying it, certainly moreso than Diablo 3 (which we gave up on half way through). Fun fun fun.
My friend is a tanking Engineer and I'm a shotgun-wielding Outlander. He holds the hordes back while I try to keep out of harm's way, pouring lead (and AoE effects) into the fray. Just finished Act 1 (of 3? Not sure...).

Back
Top Bottom