RPGWatch - Three Years and Counting

So fast, yet as many say it feels like it has been around forever.

Disappointed

I am disappointed that you are no longer covering MMO's. I am surprised at that as MMO's are RP games as well (clearly in a different manner) and they are important to RP players (like me). I visit this site multiple times a day, but it really is mostly to view MMO information. Your community has a lot of insights and connections in this area and I have always valued that, I am bummed that is going to now disappear.

Congrats. Simply put, one of the best sites on the web, gaming or otherwise. Thank you.

Happy Bday guys.

@Mythros Is the 'submit news' button the 'contact us' button? That's the only button that has any kind of reference to submit news. At the very bottom of the webpage it says www.rpgwatch/show/submitnews when I highlight it.

I find myself fortunate to have found this place. Because RPGs are first and foremost my favorite genre' to play on the PC this place is perfect and the community is fun and knowlegeable.

When it comes to an RPG this is the first place I come to. Thanks for all your hard work. :)

Leanthar, I was sort of thinking the same thing, especially with several big mmogs in the works. However I see their point it's probably more work than people whom use it and I am not sure they mean to delete the mmog forum threads. This is probably why they are in a wait and see mode.

In regards to more content and help, could I suggest you maybe invite Indie developers to write articles that interest them. This way you both benefit they get feed back and promotion of their games, you get more content and traffic.

Good luck and here's to another 100 years of RPGWatch, us getting getting the same great information and being able to post about RPGs.

Happy Birthday. I'm from the RPGDot days too and I've always thought the Watch became a better site than the Dot could have. I wish Rendelius had more time to post here, but available time and desires change. You guys have a decent core of folks who post daily, and then there's a large group of us who are "regulars" that keep the debate lively. Congrats to everyone who contributes.

I'm grateful to have found a place that totally replaced the old .rpg newsgroups and added so much more than a newsgroup could.

I have been visiting this site every now and then since 2006 itself, I didn't know it actually started that year (I assumed it was far older). This is my second account here (can't remember the old one :() I believe but this site is the only haven for RPG lovers.

I don't care about MMO's so more SP RPG coverage, the better. Keep up the good work. :)

It's been 3 years of bliss. Congratulations! Hope you guys stick around for another 300 more. :)

Felicitaciones!!!!

Disfruto revisar la pagina a diario.

Gracias por todo.
________
VAPIR NO2

Last edited:
Happy B'day!

I love this site. I have been to other forums n stuff, but this is the only site i visit/chat on every day, im thankful for it and all my rpg compadres. Without it, i dont think I'd have anywhere else to go

I love this site. I have been to other forums n stuff, but this is the only site i visit/chat on every day, im thankful for it and all my rpg compadres. Without it, i dont think I'd have anywhere else to go

I don't think I could have said it better, so I'm just going to quote Sammy. :)

I was already there on the dot. I saw it withering away. Then I moved on the same time of most of the guys I think and saw this site blossoming.

Happy birthday rpgwatch and you guys keep up the good work.

This is one of the two sites I daily visist and the other one has nothing to do with games but is facebook :p

Happy birthday!! This site is by far my favourite site on the internet!

The mods are also the best I know.....

Keep up the great work!

Congrats!

I too have been following since the dot, but to my shame this is actually my very first post.

Thanks anyways for keeping me up to date and in the know for all these years :)

Edit:
One of the reasons i love this site is that you keep focus on the single player rpgs, mmo is not for me.
Now this site is rather clean and simple, wich i love, but as a graphics designer i'm villing to volunteer whatever time I can squeeze in between work and family should you need me.

Cheers

Last edited:
Leanthar, I was sort of thinking the same thing, especially with several big mmogs in the works. However I see their point it's probably more work than people whom use it and I am not sure they mean to delete the mmog forum threads. This is probably why they are in a wait and see mode.

In regards to more content and help, could I suggest you maybe invite Indie developers to write articles that interest them. This way you both benefit they get feed back and promotion of their games, you get more content and traffic.

Good luck and here's to another 100 years of RPGWatch, us getting getting the same great information and being able to post about RPGs.

You are correct; with the limited staff we have, most of whom are not really interested in MMO's, plus we get very little feedback from our coverage AND there are numerous other sites whose focus is MMO's it seemed better to focus our limited resources where they appear to be most effective. We frequently invite indie developers to write articles for us, and some do from time to time. Several others post regularly in our forums. We do all we can to assist indie devs to get both themselves and their games well known. Glad all you guys like the place; so do we!! :)

Back
Top Bottom