Torchlight III - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Torchlight III has been released:

Torchlight III - Official Launch Trailer

It's been a century since the events of Torchlight II, and the Ember Empire is in decline. In Torchlight III, Novastraia is again under threat of invasion and it's up to you to defend against the Netherim and its allies. Gather your wits and brave the frontier to find fame, glory, and new adventures!

Travel the Frontier
Brave the vast wilderness of Novastraia and all of its dangers either alone or with a group of friends!

Collect Epic Gear
Whether it's armor, weapons, or even new pets...there's always more to find as you battle through dungeons and take on dangerous foes.

Build Your Hero
With four unique classes to choose from and five available Relic subclasses, there are many different ways to build your hero and maximize your damage. You'll also gather epic gear along your journey that you can customize to work with your hero's unique make-up.

Build & Upgrade Your Fort
It's time to rebuild - and that includes you! Enjoy your very own fort, where you can upgrade gear and renovate your fort to show off to your friends and the world.

Pets Are Back
Fight your way to fame and glory with your loyal companion! Add skills and equip them with gear to make them stronger. Each species comes in a myriad of colors and styles, so make sure to collect them all!
More information.

Ah, the failed-mobile-MMO-crawling-back-to-Steam that mislead (apparently) thousands of Torchlight I & II into thinking this would actually be a third Torchlight...

Ah, the failed-mobile-MMO-crawling-back-to-Steam that mislead (apparently) thousands of Torchlight I & II into thinking this would actually be a third Torchlight…

The fact that I recently replayed Torchlight II on Switch and still absolutely love the game, am in-between games right now and STILL can’t manage any F’s to give ... pretty much tells me where this thing is at. Pretty sad, really.

Ah, the failed-mobile-MMO-crawling-back-to-Steam that mislead (apparently) thousands of Torchlight I & II into thinking this would actually be a third Torchlight…
Is that the story behind it's development?
If so, I hope for its success, developers turning away from mmo trash should be applauded!

Is that the story behind it's development?
If so, I hope for its success, developers turning away from mmo trash should be applauded!
Yep that's the story. It was originally announced as a F2P game but midway through development the developers changed course. In this case it was not a good idea.

As the game still plays and feels like a F2P MMO in SP mode.:(

Played the first game up to the final boss and thought it was a decent Diablo clone. Tried to get into Torchlight II, but I was a little burned-out on that type of gameplay by then.

I enjoyed Torchlight 1 well enough, the sequel had a harder time getting hooks into me. Not sure why, but it just didn't.

Word on Torchlight 3 is that its twice the price of 2, and not nearly as good. The remnants of the F2P MMO are still there. Wait for deep sale I'm guessing.

I didn’t really like T1 but found T2 to be an enjoyable arpg, if somewhat lighter fare than diablo, grim dawn, path of exile, etc. I have been somewhat looking forward to T3 but don’t find the character class options or design appealing AT ALL! I tend to prefer melee focused sword/board classes in games like this. So my optics are a tank/robot or a 2-H train enthusiast? Not really my cup of tea...

There's a bunch of very valid criticism for Torchlight 3.

But it's vastly better that Torchlight 1. Much less wonky, better quality of life, character building (talking mechanics here, not story-wise character building ;) ).

Admittedly, this is a fairly low bar to clear, from the perspective of current-day standards.

Back
Top Bottom