RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Kingmaker Review

Purpleblob, what difficulty mode do you play on? Does the difficulty level affect the timers?

No, the difficulty doesn't affect timers. I played on normal + easy kingdom management.

The timed quests are a non-issue, they give you plenty of time most times and if not, save it for another playthrough. Man up and just play the game, it's great.

There is a mod available "quest timer reset" that looks recently updated. There are actually a ton of mods for this game, just go here -- https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/

Of course, you never know if a mod is well made, up to date with the current patching, or if it might break something, but generally, they have worked out for me with many different games.

I will probably play with some of the best mods when I get around to playing this game.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Player Survey
Dear pathfinders,

As you all know, we're constantly at work, trying to make our game better, easier to understand and more comfortable to play. Apart from this, right now we're busy developing a console version of Pathfinder: Kingmaker. We love getting feedback from our players. In order to better understand your needs and to make a few important decisions about future development, we've decided to conduct this survey. It turned out to be pretty substantial in size, and still, we would like to ask you to spend a little time and help us out. Your insight and experience as the kings and queens of the Stolen Lands would be invaluable to us!

Yeah I've done the survey already. It's very heavily focused on "have you played console version of cRPG". Personally, I really hope Owlcat Games don't blindly copy features from other games and keep their own visions as they did initially with Kingmaker. And boo, console version :(

If a console port funds a better game then I'm all for it. Won't affect me at all since I'll be playing the superior PC version. :cool:

So two more patches in a week. :rolleyes:

Here is the latest changelog for patch 1.3.3

Hotfix Highlights:

* Fixed the Linux version crashing to Main Menu in some cases.

Please, be aware of plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Areas

* At the "Dreamscape" area, not all enemies would take part in the last fight sometimes. Resolution: fixed.

Quests

* In version 1.3.1, if the player's coronation and "Linxia's Investigation" happened at the same time, the "Coronation" quest would become impossible to complete. Resolution: fixed.

Miscellaneous

* Improvements to the DE and FR localizations.
* Fixed textures on Nagrundi, the troll.

A friendly reminder: while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please, report these issues to the mod's original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly. If you wish to play with mods anyway, disabling auto-updates might prevent your save files from becoming corrupted.

Posted elsewhere. Past few hotfixes address stuff that won't happen in your game unless aliens reveal themselves, everything else is fixed.
Start playing the game.

Posted elsewhere. Past few hotfixes address stuff that won't happen in your game unless aliens reveal themselves, everything else is fixed.
Start playing the game.
But isn't there more DLC coming still?

Yes, there is one more incoming and it's endless levels dungeon where every floor is randomly generated.

You don't need that bullshit, and even if you do, by the time you finish the game (vanilla or with existing DLC) that last DLC will be released only to disappoint you. :D

The vanilla game is epic, go with it already. Existing DLC are optional and IMO of much lower quality than the game itself - you don't need any of it.

Yes, there is one more incoming and it's endless levels dungeon where every floor is randomly generated.

You don't need that bullshit, and even if you do, by the time you finish the game (vanilla or with existing DLC) that last DLC will be released only to disappoint you. :D

The vanilla game is epic, go with it already. Existing DLC are optional and IMO of much lower quality than the game itself - you don't need any of it.
Yep it really offers nothing to the main campaign.
DLC 3- Beneath The Stolen Lands - April, 2019*

A new game mode. Sometimes you want to play a story with memorable characters, rich lore, and a complicated set of choices and consequences. But then there are days when you just want to grab a sword, cast some spells, and destroy a horde of monsters! This DLC will introduce a rogue-like randomly generated endless dungeon, complete with a new unique boss. You can explore it in a separate game, or as a part of your main campaign. How deep can you go? (post-launch content, a $9,99 value).
Still if you love dungeon delving it might interest you.

Owlcat Games released another survey for fans/players. It seems like they are choosing AP for next Pathfinder game:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NRNSHWJ

EDIT: WARNING! Only click on the survey if you've finished the game!

Kinda annoyed that they seem to be eager implement another unique features like kingdom management in their next game - while I enjoyed kingdom management, I was hoping I can play their next game without the management bit again:

9. Which mechanic would you add to a new cRPG game?
City building
Ship Combat
Armies
Caravans
Mass Combat
Kingdom management

Also, they may be considering going open-world approach, which I dislike:

18. If an RPG game has a deep and compelling story, but open world activities are cut down to the bare minimum, how would you rate your satisfaction with such a game on a scale from 1 to 10.

19. If an RPG game has a great open world, but the story would be simple and straightforward, how would you rate your satisfaction with such a game on a scale from 1 to 10.

Also, I hate questions like this (it's a torture to choose just one!!!):

24. What are the most important aspects of a fantasy RPG for you?
Story
Character creation
Roleplay
Huge variety of builds
Companions and interactions with them
Complex combat system
A lot of loot of different quality
Rich lore
Beautiful world
Graphics
Sound

I like this survey a lot more than the previous one regarding console release :D

Last edited:
9. Which mechanic would you add to a new cRPG game?
City building
Ship Combat
Armies
Caravans
Mass Combat
Kingdom management
All of the above please as I like strategy, city- building , and RPGs.

To bad they didn't offer that option though.

Thanks for sharing the link @purpleblob;.

Predictions for possible AP candidates (from Reddit):

Kingdom management - Kingmaker
Armies - Ironfang Invasion
Ship Combat - Skulls and Shackles
Caravans - Jade Regent

No one is sure about city building and mass combat yet :p

I find it interesting that they're basically implementing existing campaigns instead of writing their own. I see no problem with that to be honest, as a lot of campaigns are often well written and fit the setting well. In fact, it's strange that others haven't done the same for D&D and similar.

Careful what you ask; one well implemented feature is far better than a lot of poorly implemented features.

All of the above please as I like strategy, city- building , and RPGs.

To bad they didn't offer that option though.

Thanks for sharing the link @purpleblob;.

Careful what you ask; one well implemented feature is far better than a lot of poorly implemented features.
It's been done before it's rare but it can be done.:)

Please tell me did they ask how much a player hates timers.
If they did, I'm game.
If not, I see no reason to complete that survey.

Sorry joxer, I don't remember any questions regarding timers :p

Back
Top Bottom