Dragon Age - Interview @ Eurogamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Kieron Gillen chats with BioWare's Mike Laidlaw about Dragon Age at a recent press event. "Lust" is apparently the upcoming theme for their E3 push but here's a question about morality:
Eurogamer: And you've stepped away from the rigid mechanisation of morality?
Mike Laidlaw: We've de-mechanised morality. We've got away from the whole light-side/dark-side thing. Which works well in a really clearly defined situation like Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic's mechanic. For Dragon Age, there isn't a morality slider at all. There's a deliberate choice not to do that.
Essentially, there's "is the problem solved?" and "how is it solved?" It's up to you whether you perceive how you solved it as good or bad. What we're trying to do is make sure every scenario where there's a choice is broken down in such a way that you can see both sides of an issue. That's when we're at our most successful. When we have villains that feel like people. When you go, "Oh - I see why he made that choice." Or you have situations where you know neither situation is really right, but neither is or really wrong. I'm going to have to resolve it one way or the other, and maybe have an extra long shower or two afterwards.
More information.

When we have villains that feel like people.

Darth Vader was no villain.

He just had a difficult childhood, that's all.

There are no villains at all; only people with difficult childhoods.

I have a feeling you'll be posting that sulky wet bird pic again in a while, Alrik.

Oh, and, this sounds more like the kind of hype I want to hear.

This is the new shit ;)
If you use the title of the song, use it right :p

I didn't use the title, I used the linguistically correct version of what the song was saying :)

hehe, I just love that songs, from the first time I heared it :p
Cool to see it in a video for a game, but I don't think the video and the songs fit well together

hehe, I just love that songs, from the first time I heared it :p
Cool to see it in a video for a game, but I don't think the video and the songs fit well together

You and me both ;)

I would have never guessed that you would like MM :)
An other example of how pictures can deceive.

This is the new shit suits better with something apocaliptyc, some fast action fallout or so or something with revelution, rebellation.

Back
Top Bottom