C2077 Is it playable?

Cyberpunk 2077

largh

Keeper of the Watch
You guys are probably playing it like there was no tomorrow. One question remains: is it too bugged to be played?

I don't mind small things but can't stomach if I have to reload multiple hours of gameplay because of bugs.

Please avoid spoilers ;)

According to Reddit, no. It seems pretty certain that if you have a PS4, Xbox One S, base Xbox One, or minimum spec PC, don't bother.

According to me, yes. I have an Xbox One X (with SSD) and the game runs very well. I've had few bugs in 6 hours, and no frame drops, even in huge firefights, driving around the city in driving rain, etc. The graphics could be better, but they're mostly good, especially at night.

But other people are saying the game doesn't look/run well even on next gen consoles, so I dunno. Hard to say what the deal is there, except that I continue my streak of games running better for me than everyone else, I guess.

People with high end PCs have the fewest complaints. I've seen a lot of people report steady 60fps with Ultra everything with no appreciable issues if they have the hardware for it. I watched a bit of a couple of Youtube LPs with good PCs, and it looked good and played well. I probably wouldn't play it on an HDD.

I'm playing on High on an AMD 590 and get 45-55 FPS at best. Having said that I'm not sure why they made the game so demanding where 80% of buyers will have problems.

By that I mean older consoles and most PC gamer's. Don't take my word for it just look at the steam stats for GPU's. Were not all high end hardware twitch streamers.

When they promoted Ray tracing and high end NVIDIA effects I knew this would happen.

im playing it via geforce now and everything on max without RT i get 70-100 fps with dlss, with RT goes to 35-50 fps
played for an hour mostly testing but there are glitches like this https://i.imgur.com/xkJNjDC.jpg
definitely worth a play now and another in the summer or when they fix it alot

I just tried the game on my new AMD 5700XT and it gets me around 50-75 FPS, and I can turn some of the graphics settings on Ultra without all the Nividia options disabled.

Yes there are some glitches and bugs but nothing game breaking.

It's a bit weird, I get smooth framerates* at 1080p on High with an RX580, and there's people (according to Reddit) that have i7800k and 980ti that can barely play it on Low settings. Makes no sense.

(* Certainly Lower than 50, but not low enough for me to notice it, and no major dips)

It's a bit weird, I get smooth framerates at 1080p on High with an RX580, and there's people (according to Reddit) that have i7800k and 980ti that can barely play it on Low settings. Makes no sense.
Keyword here is optimization. To many different types of hardware builds that weren't fully tested. Some probably still use HD's and not SSD's, and have different software.

Not looking good for a developer that wants GTA 5 sale numbers. Though incoming patches will probably help correct some of the problems on consoles and PC.

Another heads up beware switching some graphic options as it messes up FPS even more during conversations. This sounds like a bug that needs to be fixed.

Narrowed it down to the shadow options just change them to medium, and conversations don't lose 30-40 FPS. It's still a bug but the temporary fix still works.

Kinda reminds me of Red Dead 2 on the PC and the water reflection bug.

Edit: Set Cascaded Shadows Resolution to medium or low for a performance boost.

Last edited:
Running smooth for me so far on Ultra preset. i7-4790K, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, SSD

I'm not blown away by the graphics though. It looks like an average AAA to me. I'm not in Night City yet though. Doing the Nomad prologue right now.

One major complaint I have so far is that not all of the keys are rebindable. Things like the map, inventory, and the journal can't be changed which is a real head scratcher. Not sure why they wouldn't include all functions in the control customization menu.

To make matters worse, the game doesn't recognize any of the extra buttons on my Logitech mouse.

I had time after all and gave it a go on Stadia. Used standard settings without 4K. Runs great! Loading is faster than in AC:V or RDR2.

I also agree that the game looks great but not as spectacular as the trailers. May be due to the lack of ray-tracing and 4K.

No major bugs to be seen so far. Runs smooth all in all. Totally worth playing.

Update from me. Installed the latest AMD drivers and the game is now butter smooth on ultra settings. I'm not digging the blur and light effects though. Hurts my eyes.

One thing of note to many map icons and side quests that interfere with the main missions. I'm having a hard time getting my OCD in check. Gotta see everything.:biggrin:

You'll have to explain to me how to trigger it as in my case it doesn't happen.
Is it outfit specific? Or is AMD only thing?

Okay, if it matters, my rig is still i5 4670 with GTX 1070 and I deliberately set the high preset then disabled all blurs.
Everything plays smoothly.
Except a microstutter, just one, when I played as Johhny Silverhand and was entering a helicopter.
And yea, 1080p.

Back
Top Bottom