NWN2: MoW - Starting to be Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate is due for release on the 29th, which is already here for some territories as I write. The first site to actually release the game (as far as I can tell) is European site DLGamer - the NA Atari shop and Direct2Drive will obviously open as we move along.
Having some time up my sleeve, I thought I'd give DLGamer a go. The 314Mb download went smoothly and everything worked with my mix of Australian and UK retail discs (I bought NWN2 and expansions from different countries) - so it appears a mix of online, retail and different countries works fine, at least with my specific setup.
We'll let you know when we see the NA stores go live and our detailed review should be up shortly.
More information.

wow, Atari SUCKS! the dlgamer site is amazingly slow and crappy, you can't even get any sort of detail about how the service works. it's not available in Atari's uk site (no mention of it in there either) and it's available for US only in direct2drive.

Atari is, by far, the crappiest publisher on earth. i wish for them to go belly up already.

I just ordered this from DL gamer. I haven't downloaded it yet as the site said (after I paid) that I need to allow at least 10 minutes and then go to the site again.

And the order get delivered by email...

I have bought this to make sure that Ossian Studios get some money all their hard work and waiting...

wow, Atari SUCKS! the dlgamer site is amazingly slow and crappy, you can't even get any sort of detail about how the service works. it's not available in Atari's uk site (no mention of it in there either) and it's available for US only in direct2drive.

Atari is, by far, the crappiest publisher on earth. i wish for them to go belly up already.

Not saying you're wrong and maybe there is an issue with Atari's site as far as your region/language is concerned but for me it couldn't possibly have worked out better and smoother.

What I did is I followed this link from Blue's News to Atari's European store. I added MoW to my cart. I created an account (there wasn't even any confirmation of my e-mail address or account activation... you just enter your personal stuff and that's it - takes less than a minute). I then proceeded to checkout, entered my credit card details and without any further delay got a download link for a "DLM.exe" file which is the Atari downloader (only a few KB in size). Finally, I started the downloader and it automatically downloaded the ~315MB MoW files in under 10 minutes (didn't really pay attention to the download speed but it was quick).

If online shopping would always work as flawlessly as Atari's solution did for me then I'd be a happy camper. Seriously.

I found DLgamer flawless, to be honest. Took under 10 minutes and I was fully installed.

I will say that Atari could have done a much better job with a list of providers and links. He isn't the only person not to find it and it isn't clear places like Australasia have to buy from DLgamer (afaik).

I'm in Australia, and I got it from Atari NA, no problem. I waited to get it there rather than DL Gamer, because $10 US is less than 10 Euros. I have to say, it went totally smoothly for me.

Back
Top Bottom