CD Projekt - "Acquisition" by Optimus Finalized

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Gamesindustry reports that Optimus has successfully aquired CDP Investment. CDP Investment is the holding company for CD Projekt, GoG, CDP Publishing, CDP Red, Metro and Porting House.
It was reported earlier from Polygamia that this was a back-door way for CD Projeckt to enter the share market. The owners of CDP Investment will retain control of the CD Projekt Group, while acquiring 50 percent of the listed company's shares. Michał Kiciński had this to say about the merger:
"Above all, we will become a publicly listed company, which denotes access to capital. That in turn will spur further company growth. The immediate financing we obtained through the deal will allow us to pursue our operational goals in troubled times."
"We have gained all this while retaining control of the business, which was essential to us. The added spice of the contract is that we are merging with a corporation that, like CD Projekt, has been at the center of the Polish computer market throughout its history,” added Kiciński.
More information.

I wonder if this obliges them to publicly file their finances. Should be an interesting read if so.

I wish 'em luck getting funding in the public market. I would guess it's not easy to do so right now, but they need it.

I doubt there's much to show since going public.

True, but finances would include current assets, employees and debts. Comparing employee numbers to the old number would be revealing, let alone their debt status, which is public knowledge not to be that good.

I hope this doesn't affect GOG negatively. I've bought about 20 games from them so far and have my eye on a few more.

How would it if the same people are going to be in control of the company. The only thing this could possibly change is that they can expand their companies. (Like more quickly getting games on GOG)

Back
Top Bottom