What games are you playing now?

Dungeon lords is fun and I've passed it twice now, but you can not expect more than what it is. Sorta like Borderlands. If you expect too much you will be dissapointed.

Dugeon Lords is empty, spawns crazy amounts of baddies, still has bugs (I believe) no story whatsoever, and all other kinds of problems with it, but for some crazy reason it's still fun to just go in there and blast the living bejesus out of everything. Character development needs improvement, but still it's another one of the reasons I liked it. I liked making my bad ass ninja guy (can't remember the name of the class now baduko or something like that). The best thing about Dungeon Lords was that it allowed me to play with my friends and family back home. Finally, an over the shoulder rpg game that I can play with my family.

I tried to get creative and go for the weaker class combinations. The weaker classes were a lot more fun to play, imo. It get's boring really quick if you can kill everything with one swing. Nether Magic was also intersting. Finding the combinations of ingrediants to different spells was fun for awhile. Though it gets tedious trying to make the same spell over and over again. They should have made it easier to make a lot of spells at the same time. Plus there are few Nether Magic spells that are still broken. You can mix together the ingrediants and make the spell, but it does absolutely nothing. And the more powerful spells that require a certain type of ingrediant are only available in the last level of the game, by that time it's almost worthless to get those spells.

My opinion on this game is definetly in the minority, there are a few here who passionetly hate the name Dungeon Lords and anything to do with it (all kinds of reasons mostly because they made you buy the CE if you wanted the complete version of the game). So if you want a mindless rpg game that isn't Diablo give this one a try. If you want more than that then don't play this game. You will just be bored to tears.

Great summary. :) I think I'll postpone it untill I'm in the mood for this type of games. Thanks for the info anyways. :)

I just wished they had put more furniture or whatever into these dungeons. I vaguely remember a rumor saying they had been cut off money towards the end - like Divinity, too …

The game passed 3 teams and changed system mid-through production from AD&D to the 3rd edition (can't tell if it's 3 or 3.5 since it's so watered down). Might explain some of the problems with the game.

Thanks, didn't know that.

I'm just looking through the pages of a British game import shop at Amazon Germany ...

... What bugs me is that tghere are so many "Gold" versions of games I haven't seen here ! ("Gold" meaning = main game + add-on.) Pharaoh Gold, Zeus Gold, and a few others.

Here in Germany, these games don't come in a "Gold" version. The main games and the add-ons are still sold separately.

Which means that someone holds the opinion that Germans can still be squeezed out of money by offering them the main games and the add-ons separately ... Same with the SIMs, by the way, 1 & 2.

Well, Ive drank the Dragon Age Kool-Aid and am liking it. I dont think that I have to say anything more than what you already know, it's generally an excellent and challenging title. Along w/ that, Ive gotten a couple other games.

Fort Zombie: Great Idea, awful execution. Youre in the shoes of a lone survivor of the zombie apocalypse who must find other survivors, scavenge for supplies and ammo, and hole up in a last-stand type fort (house, police station, etx). You pick a class rpg-style (military, paramedic, etx) that influences your abilities. Sounds great, like every zombie movie fan's wet dream come true right??? How bad can it be, especially for 9.99? Trust me, as someone who truly wants this game to be awesome - 9.99 is overpriced by like 9.98

The graphics look like 2002, and truthfully i can look past that - it's the fact that a game of this shoddy looking nature to run like total hell on an 8800 gts 512mb & 2gb of ram is inexcusable. I'm running Dragon Age just fine, and this crap is a slideshow. The movement and aiming system is absolutely retarded with no options to configure, and the sound is atrocious. Three strikes your f&*%*$ out. The game is a total disappointment. Hopefully someone who knows how to make a game will hear about it and make one of their own based around the concept, because if done right it would certainly rock.

Trine: Cool little rpg'ish side-scroller thats really fun to play, I encourage you to check out the demo!

HI
I am plying so many games now a days..
they are:
1.Call of duty 4
2 Left 4 dead
3 Prince of Persia (warrior within)
4 Half life 2
5 Delta force

Last edited:
another zombie game, thankfully this one's pretty fun.

"Zombie Driver", no its not some desert freeway rpg. It's basically this: zombie apocalypse is in full swing, and you have to drive around rescuing survivors. Go to point A and get them, take them to point B. You earn cash to upgrade your car w/ new stats, like durability, speed, different guns you can mount, etc. It's all driving, mowing down swarms of zombii, but if you dont got enough speed theyll slow you down and start banging on your vehicle. They throw rocks, there's zombie dogs, and zombie supermutants. Cool physics, the car control is pretty good but the camera tends to make you a little dizzy at first. There's some humorous dialogue in the game, and overall I'm snickering a bit as i'm playing it!

Pretty fun, light game to mess around with. Ten bucks on steam

Attachments

• zd1.jpg
    zd1.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 165
  • zd2.jpg
    zd2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 161
  • zd3.jpg
    zd3.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 157
Based on some recent comments from folks here at the Watch I decided to do a full run through Baldur's Gate 1+2+Addons (Tutu+some tweak packs for BG1).

I'm not usually into replays, I played BG1 once right after it was released with a full custom party in singplayer-multiplayer mode (maybe a second time for the addon, don't remember) — so I never really got to experience all the party chit-chat. I never finished BG2, only played once up to chapter 2, but at some point all my savegames got lost and I was so frustrated that I never started over. I'm quite looking forward to it. I'm a couple hours into BG1Tutu and everything is a little worse than I remember, but I already spotted a couple things that I find better than in Dragon Age: Exploration, music, atmosphere.

Ha! I attempted that recently so I can play Throne Of Bhaal which I FINALLY picked up earlier this year.

Damn hard drive died on me. Haven't had time to look for the discs and do a reinstall.

Still hooked to Atlantica and Dota. Still looking for other games though. preferably mmos.

Dividing my spare time between playing DA and teh new Dark Fall: Lost Souls, which is really scary and which I can really recommend....... It can be bought at impulsedriven or gamersgate , if you`re into scary adventures this gem is just for you.....

Just picked up Rise of the Argonauts for the 360, for $15. It was a game I meant to come back to after the price dropped. Here are some thoughts after a few hours:

The subquests are actually meaningful activities. I wish more RPGs were like this. Granted, it's a little absurd that the King is doing them…but at least they aren't fetch quests. Tell X that his son is dead; tell Y her husband's last words were that he cheated on her and wants her to forgive him; etc. Not bad.

Good voice acting.

Lack of a mini-map is a real inconvenience. I have to click twice to access the map, then twice again to back out of it. I'm doing this a lot.

The levelling up system is interesting. It's not XP-based, but instead deed-based and dialog-choice based.

Control/movement is poor, very clunky and "slidey" (that's not a word, but I mean instances where you stop moving but your character doesn't).

Animations are often embarrassing. This is especially true when our Homeric hero is running down a hill. He appears to lope and hop over the ground, almost skipping. It's a scene fit for the museum of silly walks. It's very unbecoming a King and completely ruins the noble, heroic tone the game aims for. I can't see why they let this pass. Many other animations are simply jerky.

Occasional framerate hitches, fairly noticeable. I can hear the disc spinning madly, trying to keep up with the graphics it is rendering. The sad part is, the graphics aren't all that great, especially the character models. The background environments are pretty, though.

Character models repeat. There is one female model that is used over and over. Very noticeable.

I like the Greek storytelling and the fact that the dialog gets to the point, doesn't drag on.

Despite my gripes, I'm enjoying the game.

Hi there,
I have been playing it all week on pc as i got it early but bought it today for xbox. I have completed all campaigns and versus. Left 4 dead 1 is better and with that you can just play and get on and enjoy yourself.
With number 2 i feel it is all strategy, tasks and boring.

Hi there,
I have been playing it all week on pc as i got it early but bought it today for xbox. I have completed all campaigns and versus. Left 4 dead 1 is better and with that you can just play and get on and enjoy yourself.
With number 2 i feel it is all strategy, tasks and boring.

If you are talking about the ebb and flow of tension, I definitely agree - #2 is harder, and there is a seeming endless onslaught without any reprieve, which really changes things up. I think aside from that #2 is better, certainly more stuff and options. But I miss those tense moments.

i havent been rushing to get L4D2, and it never made it to my xmas list. I'll get it when it's on sale for 9.99.

I'm turned off, quite frankly, by the intro of melee weapons into the whole thing. My experience w/ FPs + melee = suckage. Plus, the fun of the game has always been totally opening up w/ a firearm on the horde. The new environments look cool tho

been playing around w/ Bard's Tale, latest one. Shouldnt be wasting my time w/ it, I go back to Dragon Age and wonder why Ive been wasting time on such an inferior title

Last edited:
Free MMO to try out

Still hooked to Atlantica and Dota. Still looking for other games though. preferably mmos.

Try out Soul of the Ultimate Nation , better known as SUN.
http://sun.ijji.com/?next=sunmain

It's much better than most of the free 'imports' out there. I suggest reading the forums for character guides, etc.. but even if you get your character build wrong, they give you 5 resets to skills to get it right. There are a lot of options for each class, so getting it wrong is quite easy to do.

It plays smooth, the graphics are pleasant, more to the realistic than anime side. Only one server in the US now, run by IJJI, which offers many ftp mmo's.
P.S. You don't level by killing monsters, which give you minimal experience, you level by quests, and really fast compared to most of these, so I wouldn't consider it a 'grind' at all.

Been playing King Arthur the role-playing Wargame. Great game with lots of depth. Needs a little re-balancing, but overall a worthy purchase.

OK, downloaded and started playing Heroes Of Might & Magic III.
Loving it so far, very addictive!
Also like that it's an older game but the interface doesn't really feel clunky.

Oh and also playing Drakensang and think I'm going to stick with it.
Nothing mind-blowing so far but it's entertaining and I just like the way it "feels".

As for Titan Quest, tried to play it again this weekend, think it's coming off the hard drive.

Aside from the lovely graphics in Egypt now (they did an amazing job with this graphics engine, it really is lovely even a few years later - and great use of lighting/shadows), the game really doesn't change at all. I expected the difficulty to ramp up by now. Just too repetetive and dull.

And speaking of Diablo clones, I saw some video footage from Torchlight and I think what Titan Quest is missing is that very frantic, stuff flying all over the screen pace in the battles. Enemies move much too slowly in TQ and they don't really swarm until you get really close.

Back
Top Bottom