Nival - Splits with Ener1

magerette

Hedgewitch
In a move definitely counter to the latest trends of big game companies merging to become even bigger, Heroes of Might and Magic fansite Celestial Heavens posts a link to this press release from Nival Interactive stating that the developer has split with the large holding company Ener1:
Sergey Orlovskiy regains full control of Nival Interactive
Moscow, November 30, 2007

Nival Interactive is pleased to announce the signing of an agreement between the technology holding company Ener1 Group, and the founder of Nival Interactive, Sergey Orlovskiy, that returns full control of Nival Interactive to Mr. Orlovskiy. As a result, the U.S. office in Los Angeles will be closed and the company’s headquarters will return to Moscow.

Details and financial terms of the agreement are unavailable.

About Nival Interactive

Nival Interactive was founded in 1996, and is now a leading international game developer. It has developed many popular game series including Rage of Mages, Evil Islands, Etherlords, Blitzkrieg, Silent Storm and Heroes of Might and Magic V. More Information can be found at www.nival.com
More information.

I want to see Evil Islands 2, with a better main character for the single player campaign of course.

I'd like to see a sequel to almost any of their games, and a new IP wouldn't upset me either. :) I think Evil Islands would be tops on my list, but it's possible HoMM6 is the one we'll see first.

I found Evil Islands quite innovative, yet a bit too hard for my taste.

On the contrary, I didn't like much of Etherlords I very much ... Can't really say why, but in the main map the graphics looked far too comic-like for my taste.

Back
Top Bottom