Gothic 2 - Velaya Mod English Release

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This is from a week back but better late than never. An English translation of the well-known Gothic II + NotR mod Velaya: Tale of a Warrior has been released. The mod offers around 40 hours of gameplay across four chapters and an altered Khorinis. The English installation is a little tricky, so make sure you read the instructions. Here's the blurb:
Velaya - Tale of a Warrior is a German modification that tells the story of a young woman (known from Gothic 1
s_064.gif
), who makes her way around Khorinis, shortly after the nameless hero and his companions left the island. A lot has changed in the meantime and the land is still in need of a hero. Or heroine?

But this is not Velaya's problem at the moment. Right now she is busy rejecting Dar, probably the most unpleasant mercenary on Onar's farm. Their dispute ends after a brief fight... on the planks of the tavern. Dar has to pay a penalty to Torlof, for beating up a helpless woman, but this is not enough for Velaya. She wants to get back at the weedhead her way. And soon she won't be as helpless as everyone thinks she is...

Beating up Dar will only be the first step. There is a lot more chauvinism to face. For the men of Khorinis it's not always easy to get used to a female adventurer. But they will soon learn to respect the ambitious woman and value her deeds.
More information.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to try it out right now, but I would be very interested in knowing how other people feel about the mod.

Second best Gothic 2 mod imho (best one: Piratenleben) -> I have played the german version of Velaya only.

Highly recommended!

Hmmm, I'll have to rummage through my CDs to see if I ever actually bought NoTR.

I played this at least 6 months ago and had some sort of English translation available at the time (since my 20 words of German wouldn't have gotten me very far).

In any event, this is a fine Mod and well worth playing as it adds an entire new story featuring the slave girl, Velaya. Great fun!

Is this mod compatible with the gog version of Gothic 2 Gold?

Excellent news, thanks. :)

Unfortunately, G2 won't play on my current rig. I plan to install W7 soon, so I'll wait to see if I can run the game then.

sounds very interesting. thumbs up to the mod team and the translators. i might get around to installing G2:Notr if i could find the time.

Unfortunately, G2 won't play on my current rig. I plan to install W7 soon, so I'll wait to see if I can run the game then.

I just installed it in Win7 and the basic game works OK but I could not get the mod starter and mod to work in the standard program files directory. Installing it in it's own directory works however.

It will be so nice not to be forced to play a male in a PB game world. Having to watch male butt for 40 plus hours is at the very least a terrible way to have to live, but much more like torture.

:help:

I must say that I'm quite surprised that no woman was involved in the development - except voice actors and testers.

I must say that I'm quite surprised that no woman was involved in the development - except voice actors and testers.

that is the norm rather than the exception in the gaming industry. in fact, off-hand, i can only recall Jade Raymond who was involved with the Assassin's Creed series.

Back
Top Bottom