Everquest Next - Landmark Developer Diary

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I feel like I just watched a promo video for Minecraft 2. Which is not necessarily a bad thing but... none of this sounds all that original, more like going through the ropes to shove something out the door.

Haven't bothered to check the video - but I think it's pretty clear that they have a LOT of work to do in terms of overall design and gameplay structure - and I don't care what they say. If this is out before mid-late 2015, I'll eat my hat.

Way too early to start bitching, though.

Haven't bothered to check the video - but I think it's pretty clear that they have a LOT of work to do in terms of overall design and gameplay structure - and I don't care what they say. If this is out before mid-late 2015, I'll eat my hat.

I think you have the wrong impression of what EQNext Landmark is going to be. It won't release feature complete anyhow.

EQNext is another story though and could very well release in 2015.

Way too early to start bitching, though.

If you haven't bothered to watch the content, then please don't bother us with your opinions of it.

DArt can't help it. He positively oozes with opinions :biggrin:

I turned it off after the 3rd or 4th time he mentioned crafting. I've played EQ since it started, and I'm far more interested in raids than crafting.

I think you have the wrong impression of what EQNext Landmark is going to be. It won't release feature complete anyhow.

EQNext is another story though and could very well release in 2015.

This is part of EQNext and will function as a kind of pre-release editor/sandbox - IIRC. They're testing the waters of EQNext.

People are bitching about EQNext - not the editor, I take it? Why would anyone have a problem with the test version of the editor/sandbox aspects?

If you haven't bothered to watch the content, then please don't bother us with your opinions of it.

My opinion wasn't about the content.

When you learn to read, I'll consider what you have to say about that which you manage to read.

This is part of EQNext and will function as a kind of pre-release editor/sandbox - IIRC. They're testing the waters of EQNext.

People are bitching about EQNext - not the editor, I take it? Why would anyone have a problem with the test version of the editor/sandbox aspects?

The video Dev Diary was about Landmark...

The video Dev Diary was about Landmark…

Yes, I know - and?

People were bitching about it - and I assume they're talking about EQNext. I don't have a clue why they'd bitch about the sandbox editor thingy that gets released before the actual game - so I assume they were talking about the game itself.

If they were bitching about Landmark - then I'd have to ask what's wrong with an editor/sandbox test pre-release thingy being like Minecraft? Minecraft is essentially a multiplayer editor.

Back
Top Bottom