Liege - Post-Funding Update #24

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
In the latest post-funding update for Liege we get a status update, new video, and news about the game on Steam Greenlight.

Hi everyone! Busy month, lots going on. Here’s the run-down:

Greenlight

We’ve been Greenlit for Steam! Thank you to all of you who voted for us and helped spread the word! Anyone interested in PC/Mac/Linux copies will be eligible for Steam keys, just be sure to indicate your preference when we send out your surveys.

Moving

Since our last update, I moved out to the west coast to be closer to Kalen and Aakaash. Working side by side with Kalen has already made a huge difference as we continue to refine the art direction and set up our asset pipeline to fit our technical constraints. Check our our sweet digs!

Development

FInally, on the code side, pre-production continues. Here's a screen of what my workspace is looking like to demonstrate some of what I've been focused on.

Breakdown:

1) Building customized editing tools in Unity to streamline our workflow

2) Early performance profiling with our new architecture

3) Re-writing core functionality (movement/animation, the tactics engine)

I'll try to do a walkthrough later on to walk through these in more detail. For now, here’s a little teaser video of in-game footage that shows how our art, sound, and code are all coming together.

More information.

Oddly I didn't back this game. And honestly dunno why, just checked the main project, it doesn't mention phones, it doesn't mention console savesystems and usual stuff I can't swallow like endless respawns.
It looks cute so I'll probably buy it when released.

Backed this game because it was just one guy's project and I felt he was passionate about building the kind of game he wanted to make. It reminded me so much of my first console RPG's like Final Fantasy III (6) and Crono Trigger that I had to help it get made. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the small team can do now as it does look like they are adding to the developmental process.

Back
Top Bottom