Shadowrun Returns - First Look Video and Backer Level Upgrade

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
If you pledged for Shadowrun Returns and are miserable now because you did not select a higher tier, you can now upgrade your backer level through Paypal.
But more importantly, there is an alpha gameplay walkthrough video available that shows the current status of the game.
Since our story is about secrets and lies, we decided that our video should walk you through a side-mission so you can get a clear sense of how the game is played without revealing any spoilers. In this mission, you’ve accepted a job from a reliable Fixer (who’s totally fronting for Aztechnology) to locate a rival corporate test lab and terminate the test (with extreme prejudice).
Remember as you watch the video that all the environments, conversations, and tactical situations you see were created using the Shadowrun Returns Editor - the same editor that will ship with the game on OSX and Windows. For us, re-energizing Shadowrun doesn’t just mean making a game for you to play and enjoy (although that sounds GREAT). It means creating a set of tools for YOU to experiment with, express yourself with, and share.

More information.

That was IIRC a game ment for tablets that'll be ported to PC?
Didn't pledge initially and honestly I don't feel miserable. :)

Where have you been Myrthos, your colleague posted the video three days ago. :)

joxer - yeah, but you can't really get much closer to old school TB RPG sensibilities than what you see in those videos, so what do I care that some people will enjoy it on a tablet?

If the game was designed to run on tablets, that means the PC version will be based on those limitations - unless they redo everything.

That's why I'd probably never support a tablet game until they get close to a proper PC game. I've yet to see that happen.

I'm not talking about games from 15 years ago - I'm talking games like modern Kickstarter projects.

The game looks great, and looks like a shadow run game should.

Where have you been Myrthos, your colleague posted the video three days ago. :)
We have something in place to prevent double news posts, but I still was able to miss that.
The backer info is new though :)

Yup, and well, "Doppelt hält besser", as we say in german :)

We say something similar in Dutch ;)

It was interesting to me how "tabletop game"-like the implementation feels. I'm certain now that I'll enjoy it, but I'm not sure how well it will go over with the action/FPS RPG crowd.

I watched this yesterday and, wow, I am impressed. It looks exactly how I'd want it to look. I backed it, but I wasn't really that hyped on it. I don't play tabletop, and I never played the SNES or Genesis games. However, after the video, I really feel hype for this. TBH, the video and art style looked better than WL2's, which I still liked.

I'm teh excite.

Sadly this is what CDProjeckt's Cycberpunk game should be like. But it won't.

I'd rather have something different than two of the same. I'm excited about Shadowrun, but I don't want every game I play to be turn-based with a party. I'm optimistic that both titles will be good.

I'd rather have something different than two of the same. I'm excited about Shadowrun, but I don't want every game I play to be turn-based with a party. I'm optimistic that both titles will be good.

+1

(and this is for bypassing the character limit counter...)

It was interesting to me how "tabletop game"-like the implementation feels. I'm certain now that I'll enjoy it, but I'm not sure how well it will go over with the action/FPS RPG crowd.

Well, I don't think that's the crowd their aming for, nor do I think that crowd are the ones keen on kickstarter. They get plenty of their kind of games anyway, this is for us starving "old-school" fans. And I love it.

I'm so happy I backed this. Looks completely awesome. <3

Sadly this is what CDProjeckt's Cycberpunk game should be like. But it won't.

Meh, CDP has their own style and approach. If rather see them adhere to it.

This video makes the monkey happy. Glad to see it posted a second time. :)

Doesn't matter, they aren't the target audience.

That was IIRC a game ment for tablets that'll be ported to PC?
Didn't pledge initially and honestly I don't feel miserable. :)

You're mistaken, it's not a port. It's being built for the PC, there will be a port to the tablet instead.

If the game was designed to run on tablets, that means the PC version will be based on those limitations - unless they redo everything.

That's why I'd probably never support a tablet game until they get close to a proper PC game. I've yet to see that happen..

The problem is that you have this reversed. It's being developed for the PC with a port to the tablet. From what I've seen I don't see any "limitations" whatsoever, you have an isometric TB RPG that looks like the original Fallout or Jagged Alliance 2. Don't see any supposed limitations whatsoever.

well, if they're intending to port it, I can see them opting not to do/put in certain things that will be problematic for the tablet version. Still, I like what I see and I ocassionally dabble in mobile gaming so I can live with it

Back
Top Bottom