Flares and Repairs...

Jimmy330

Traveler
Hi Guys, I recently re-visited WG2, and I have a few questions.
Does any one know what the flares are for? I have collected quite a few of them, and I can't find a usage for them. They aren't found frequently enough to use in the helicopter, and if you try to sell them, they aren't worth any money.

Since these flares are heavy, and I can't find a use for them, should I just drop them somewhere and forget about them?

My 2nd Question is related to the repiar of weapons.
I can find the merchants who will add upgrades to weapons, but so far I have not seen the options to have the weapons repaired fully… any ideas?

Oh And my last question. When I press fire in the helicopter it fires the gun, and the right-mouse fires the flares, I tried to change the ammo type but for some reason, I cannot fire the rockets?

Just though I'd give a big shout to WESP5 for his work. It's his work that has made this game playable for most (if not all) of us! Thanks WESP5!

Last edited:
I would really like the answers to these questions too! Myers90, do you know some more about this?

(1) I don't remember flares having any use.

(2) Can't you buy weapon repair kits from the gun upgrade vendors?

(3) I remember having the same problem with the helicopters. There is a way to toggle your weapons between main gun and rockets. It has been so long that I can't remember the exact key.

Last edited:
Thought I'd return here to help out with my own questions. (with my new-found knowledge.)
The flares, I still have no idea.
The weapons repair was available in Xenus 1 - Boiling point. (i think) But I still have never seen it in White Gold.
Fortunately you can get hold of a perfect weapon from the government base marked on my map. Even by the end of the game the weapon should only have about 5% wear. which makes it quite relaible.

The helicopter rockets can be switched over by using the numbers keys 1-8. generally it selects the main weapons. so using guns and rockets at the same time can be done but it's tricky whilst fighting enemy helicopters.

The biggest proplem is that you only get 7-8 rockets with the helicopter, so it becomes difficult to use the helicopter as a long term vehicle.

Since Apche helicopters normally have 8 hellfires and 32 hydra missiles, I think it would be an idea to add 32-40 rockets (I need help from wesp5 on this.

And if possible, I would like to add the option to re-arm the helcopter at the fuelling stations. (i'm not sure how easy it is to do that though.

Not only that, but I think the game could do with some weapons mods. Tactical weapons and combat shotguns! oh, and a silenced sniper rifle would go well also! :)
Wesp5 - could you tell us what you know about modding this game? so far you seem to be the only person with any substantial knowledge on the subject.
Since Xenus 2 has a similar design to the Stalker games, maybe some of the mod-techniques can be used from there?

I remember modding the stalker games back in the day, so I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Oh, I put together a new map, so far there is no information from each island,, I thought it would be a good idea to add this to any walkthroughs and guides?

http://tinypic.com/r/33tqtq8/8

anyone can use this map and update it with more information.

Since Apache helicopters normally have 8 hellfires and 32 hydra missiles, I think it would be an idea to add 32-40 rockets (I need help from wesp5 on this.

I don't think I can help you there although I would be interested in a solution. I use the SDK for the patch (http://www.moddb.com/members/wesp5/downloads/boiling-point-sdk), but I haven't changed something like this yet.

And if possible, I would like to add the option to re-arm the helicopter at the fuelling stations. (i'm not sure how easy it is to do that though.

This would be easy if there was a command for this like in The Precursors. If this was possible in Boiling Point maybe you can find what command was used?

Since Xenus 2 has a similar design to the Stalker games, maybe some of the mod-techniques can be used from there?

I never modded STALKER games but I suspect it is completely different. All we have is the SDK linked above but there are sections there, that I never used much yet.

Last edited:
I don't know about the takeable flares, I'll take a look to them, maybe we can make them useful.

About the rockets, I think it is possible to change it to RMB, and put the flares to one of the hotkeys instead, I'll try it.

And finally, the weapon repairs - I've checked them, and developers didn't make this objects, but the possibilities are already there, I'm working on it in the moment. What do you think guys, its better to make it as originally in boiling point (as I remember) if there are seperated repair "upgrades" for every weapons as the other upgrades, or to make a "global" repair tool, which is useable to every weapon? Or make it work by weapon kind: for example a repair tool what works with every pistol, another one what works with machine guns, etc?

How is this handled in The Precursors? We should either make it like in Boiling Point or like in The Precursors. I'm almost convinced the Boiling Point way is the right one as White Gold is supposed to be a sequel or prequel to that game...

The SDK download was like INSTANT! Virus?

I have the BP SDK. Is it the same thing?

You're not shadow moses are you? Because I'm the same cartoon corpse from the old site.

I have some time to spend (unemployed currently). How about pointing me to the best SDK you know of for this game, and I will get to work rebuilding my imagination/self? Just between us monkey/slaves.

++
Does any one know what the flares are for? I have collected quite a few of them, and I can't find a usage for them. They aren't found frequently enough to use in the helicopter, and if you try to sell them, they aren't worth any money.
++

Cant tell about the usage but all flares and the other useless cases like SHIV, POISONED KNIFE etc can be sold on Balena, the Antiques trader / collector gives a decent amount of money if your reputation with the civilians is top.

Attachments

• Xenus 2021-05-19 12-10-50-05.jpg
    Xenus 2021-05-19 12-10-50-05.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Xenus 2021-05-19 12-10-24-26.jpg
    Xenus 2021-05-19 12-10-24-26.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Xenus 2021-05-19 12-10-26-07.jpg
    Xenus 2021-05-19 12-10-26-07.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Xenus 2021-05-19 12-10-27-46.jpg
    Xenus 2021-05-19 12-10-27-46.jpg