As of this afternoon I have to reenter password each time i visit forum

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hum. Cookie issue? For year(s) the forum remember i was logged in but for the past few hours each time i visit the forum i have to re-enter my user name and password.

That is odd. I don’t have that. Does anyone else?

I can’t look into this at the moment. I am at a two day photography event this weekend.

Did you have a windows update? Security settings was changed in that, might be that.

Don't web-browse on windows. Anyway it only happened a few times (2 or 3) and then stopped. I know chrome periodically delete some cookies so that might explain one of them. thanks all

Have you tried to delete the cookies ?

I had a problem ... here ... when I was absent for so long here ... The only thing that helped me was to delete *all* cookies from this forum here ...

But please write down your regular password elsewhere before you delete the cookies ! Just in case you won't remember it anymore ...
And your e-mail - Adress you used here as well ...

But as I noted above the issue has been resolved. I think what happened is that chrome periodically drop cookies or the cookie expired; I then reset the password because I made a booboo (human error) and didn't wnat to reach the 5 try limit. Resetting the password invalid access to the forum on all other windows/computers (like tablet)....
-

Anyway as I also said above I will never delete all cookies. In the worse case I will delete only those cookies associated with a specific site. There are specific reason for this behavior (though i freely admit that many sites are 'stealing' personal data about you via requesting more cookies than they actually require). I do sandbox critical access from normal access (critical is stuff like banks and normal is stuff like forums that has no personal information beyond email and possibly city).

I had a problem … here … when I was absent for so long here … The only thing that helped me was to delete *all* cookies from this forum here …

But please write down your regular password elsewhere before you delete the cookies ! Just in case you won't remember it anymore …
And your e-mail - Adress you used here as well …

Back
Top Bottom