Arcania: FoS - October 25th Release Set

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Nordic Games sends along this press release announcing ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif is alive and well and will be released October 25th "from all major digital etailers":
NORDIC GAMES TO PUBLISH ARCANIA: FALL OF SETARRIF
Nordic Games GmbH’s first release will hit the digital shelves on October 25th 2011

Vienna, Austria, 21stSeptember 2011: Nordic Games GmbH, part of the Nordic Games Holding AB group, is proud to announce that its first release will be “ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif” for PC.

The stand-alone expansion pack, is the next installment of the ArcaniA 4 Gothic storyline and will be available for download on October 25th2011. It is the first game to be released by the recently established company Nordic Games GmbH, based in Vienna, Austria.

“We are glad that ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif happens to be the first release of our company. There are still a lot of background activities taking place, but I could not think of a better way to break the ice and get our communications started than with this product announcement”, comments Lars Wingefors, CEO, Nordic Games GmbH.

“ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif” has an estimated playtime of between 4 and 8 hours, will retail at EUR 14.99, and will be available from all major digital etailers.
Further game assets and other product related information will be released in due course.
More information.

Afaik FoS was ready to ship and only needed a publisher. Are Nordic planning to continue the Arcania IP?

The game had enough publishers. The question is if Nordic hired enough lawyers to sort this mess out.

You mean people might actually BUY this?? At that Price!!!! There must be a LOT of masochists in the gaming community!! :)

“ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif” has an estimated playtime of between 4 and 8 hours, will retail at EUR 14.99, and will be available from all major digital etailers.

That's sort of pathetic for a stand-alone expansion.

ArcaniA was terrible anyways though (imo), and I'm curious how many people will even bother to play FoS.

I don't get the whole concept of a stand alone expansion. Isn't it basically just a new game then?

Is this going to be Arcania + FoS together in one GOTY style or is it just a completely separate 4 hour game for $15? Because if the latter there are 99 cent cell phone games that give more gameplay than that.

It's a separate game.

Stand-alone add-ons don't have the classic add-on problem that you need the main game to play. ;)

15 EUR RRP sounds fair to me. That's only 1/3rd of the standard full price. They can hardly go lower for a retail game with high production values.

You mean people might actually BUY this?? At that Price!!!! There must be a LOT of masochists in the gaming community!! :)

I don't get the whole concept of a stand alone expansion. Isn't it basically just a new game then?

Is this going to be Arcania + FoS together in one GOTY style or is it just a completely separate 4 hour game for $15? Because if the latter there are 99 cent cell phone games that give more gameplay than that.

Two Worlds II: PotFF cost around $25-35 and last only 10hrs. Just a counter fact.:) People will buy this to since its basically the ending of the game that was cut out.

Two Worlds II: PotFF cost around $25-35 and last only 10hrs. Just a counter fact.:) People will buy this to since its basically the ending of the game that was cut out.

Except that Steam says I am already at 10 hours and I'm nowhere near done with it. (I owned TW2 before but re-bought it on Steam on sale when the expansion came out so my previous play time pre-expansion is not included in that 10 hours).

I guess those numbers aren't always that accurate and it's hard to predict how someone will play, particularly in sandbox style games.

I didn't mind Arcania so much, other than it wasn't a Gothic game, no matter what the title said. It was an average game, nothing really standing out. I won't get the expansion at full price, I will wait for it to drop.

Now, if Nordic would just get Spellforce 2 Faith in Destiny released - I would buy that immediately.

Except that Steam says I am already at 10 hours and I'm nowhere near done with it. (I owned TW2 before but re-bought it on Steam on sale when the expansion came out so my previous play time pre-expansion is not included in that 10 hours).

I guess those numbers aren't always that accurate and it's hard to predict how someone will play, particularly in sandbox style games.

Official marketing says 10-12 but ya some people just play slow and take in the scenery. There isn't much to explore in Two Worlds II anyway. Mostly fetch and kill quests going to the same areas.

despite paying around $40 for Two Worlds 2 which i never finished, and $15 for Arcania which I did finish. I would gladly pay more for this than the latest addon for Two Worlds 2. I'll probably still wait 'til it drops to $10 but for such a short experience that seems kind of silly to have it seperate. how the hell are skills going to work with such a short gaming experience? new skills or are they just going to start you at a high level. i guess its probably best though as much as the playthrough was fun it definately wasn't warranting of another playthough which i doubt i could get through anyhow...

well at least this thread hasn't erupted into mindless hatebashing of the game yet...

Nordic Games sends along this press release announcing ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif is alive and well and will be released October 25th "from all major digital etailers":
More information.

This is outrageous. Who wants a friggin DD only release? Gimme a box, gimme a DVD, gimme a manual and I'd pay even more for it. But this amount of money for some digital nothing?

No friggin way.

I'll probably buy it. My to-play-list is fairly small until SW: TOR is out.

Glad this is getting some sort of release given the game is finished (although there is finished and "finished" - see Forsaken Gods).

despite paying around $40 for Two Worlds 2 which i never finished, and $15 for Arcania which I did finish. I would gladly pay more for this than the latest addon for Two Worlds 2.

I feel as you.

How curious, no one mentioned DA2 DLCs which need the original game to run, take 1-2 hour to complete and cost 10$.

Back
Top Bottom