Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to click Dark on every page I open or comment on.
My wish is that it stays set to Dark for the whole site if I choose to use Dark (which I perfer).
Now I might have missed this in the UserCP but I have looked twice.

Great site and thanks. :)

The Dark/Light status is stored in a cookie for www.rpgwatch.com. Please make sure cookies are allowed for this site. If it still doesn't work, try to clear your rpgwatch cookies.. Which browser are you using?

I have Medium settings in General with ZoneAlarm additionaly blocking "Remove Private Header Info" and currently using Firefox.1713.

Eidt
Thanks for the tip "allowed Private Header Info" temporarly and it works now. :)

Last edited:
So it works now? If not, it's most definately related to some setting in ZoneAlarm Pro you seem to be using. I don't have that program, but you probably need to add rpgwatch.com as a private site and maybe allow those private headers you mentioned (or 3rd party cookies?). No idea what those are, but I can assure you that we don't do weird stuff at the 'Watch. ^^

I got these hints from a page I found with more information and a manual for adding a site to make it work: Zone Alarm Pro Blocking Private Header Information. Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link and yes it is working.

One addtional request. :)
Could you please allow editing for longer or even till the next post before making notations in the post it was edited?
I understand not wanting people to edit without notation after another post has been made, though I would say for those of us whom are late nigth posters, non typist/programmers, bad spellers, poor grammerist and oh yeah guys being able to edit is a valuable resource. ;)

Though if not maybe I could learn to use Preview first. :D
Even though I am using this Quick post [no preview] , now here since it is neat and was not avaiable at RPGDot.

I think you can edit it without notification as long as there is nobody, besides you, who viewed that post.

Changed Forum Read Marking Type

I've changed an option in the vBulletin settings. Before now, threads were marked read using cookies (default), which didn't work out so well. They are now marked read automatically by the database, whatever that means.

As a side effect, all posts are marked unread now - just click on the "Mark Forums Read" button at the bottom of the Index Page forums listing.

I hope it's better now..

Ah, I was wondering why when I logged in today all the threads were unread!! It confuses an old man!! :D

Thanks for that - I was seeing the same thing and wondering about

The smilies are unattractive. Only yellow stuff. I want Mr Green back.

I agree, I HATE that yellow one too. Bring back the Oldies!! :D

Remus: nope, bigger avatars are reserved for team members and moderators, sorry.

Gorath and Corwin: If you want to grin, use : biggrin : - like so: :biggrin:
: D is a real happy face now, as it should be. ;)

Other colors later, 'mkay?

There are no smilies on the Quick Reply bar, so I do it from memory, and at my age, that's not much!! :)

Even so, it can't be shorter than my own, so... just remember : biggrin :
^^

Corwin needs to print out the keycodes and tape them to his monitor. Poor old guy will have to use a magnifying glass to read them though. ;)

This may not be a bug per say, perhaps more of a question.

I noticed that when typing out replies, whether using the quick reply or advanced, there doesn't seem to be a snip (cut) function available to allow for re-arrangement of text in the reply box. Can this be turned on?

Normally this wouldn't be a bother because I can drag highlite the text I want to move and then right click on it select copy, place the cursor where I would like the text, right click and then paste. Oddly under this forum when I select text in the reply box and right click on it the choice to copy is not available. I'm using IE v6.0.2900.2180 on XP with sp2.

-- Ubbax

Use the normal keyboards commands. Way faster than the mouse.

I noticed that when typing out replies, whether using the quick reply or advanced, there doesn't seem to be a snip (cut) function available to allow for re-arrangement of text in the reply box. Can this be turned on?
Odd. I'm inclined to think this is an IE problem, as it's working fine in Firefox. Are you using the WYSIWYG editor? At the top right of the editor window there's a button "A/A" that lets you switch the editor mode. When using the normal editor, IE shows cut/copy/paste as it should, but not in wysiwyg mode.

So, it's either a bug in IE or a bug in vBulletin.

Workaround: don't use WYSIWYG mode or use CTRL-C, CTRL-X or CTRL-V to copy, cut or paste text.

Originally Posted by Arhu
Odd. I'm inclined to think this is an IE problem, as it's working fine in Firefox. Are you using the WYSIWYG editor? At the top right of the editor window there's a button "A/A" that lets you switch the editor mode. When using the normal editor, IE shows cut/copy/paste as it should, but not in wysiwyg mode.

So, it's either a bug in IE or a bug in vBulletin.

Workaround: don't use WYSIWYG mode or use CTRL-C, CTRL-X or CTRL-V to copy, cut or paste text.

Yes I was using the WYSIWYG editor and as you described that's the cause of the problem. However if I switch off wysiwyg using the "A/A" button the text I type appears as very light grey against the white background, almost not visible.

Using the Keyboard commands solves the problem.
For shame I should have thought of that; no excuse other than that us older folk, well we sometimes suffer the odd brain-fart.

Thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom