Grim Dawn - 2-Handed Melee Weapons

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A preview of some of the available 2 handed melee weapons is presented on the Grim Dawn websie.

As many of you know, Cairn is a war-torn world with very limited resources. In as much, we've tried to capture a sense of improvised necessity and desperation in the earlier tiers of our common weapon classes: An old farm scythe strapped on a large stick becomes a new axe, while rusty old gears from some forgotten contraption has been reincarnated as a sturdy bashing stick. After several tiers of cobbled, improvised killing devices, you will start to see the remnants of greater weapons from the ages past. These rare weapons are coveted most of all, for very few now possess the skill or knowledge to recreate their glorious craftsmanship.
Below is a small sampling of a few 2-handers from the 3 melee types (sword, axe and hammer). Most are lower level, but I included a couple higher tiers to show some progression. I've also included the concept with each item so you can see a little before and after action. Please take care not to cut yourself while handling the images, some of the blades probably have a decent amount of tetanus (or something worse).

Repurposed Sawblade:
attachment.php
More information.

I'd kind of like to see these guys do a scifi themed ARPG using the Necromunda (40k subsetting) license.

I'd kind of like to see these guys do a scifi themed ARPG using the Necromunda (40k subsetting) license.

Give them time. They are such a small studio, they haven't finished their first game yet. I really hope GD survives among the rest of the ARPGs (Reaper of Souls, Sacred 3, Van Helsing 2, Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, Path of Exile, etc.)

I think they'll do well. Out of all those games, I think Grim Dawn is the only one that offers modding support.

I think they will do just fine, TQ has it's following since GD is unofficial sequel with good reviews + mod support it could be sleeper hit.

Back
Top Bottom