• 18:56 The Second Playthrough - Mass Effect 1
  • 57:31 The Second Playthrough - Mass Effect 2
  • 1:26:18 The Second Playthrough - Mass Effect 3
  • 2:01:22 Conclusion
  • 2:07:21 The Third Playthrough
  • 2:45:05 The Second Conclusion
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

3 hours of 'personal journey' summed up into this: He doesn't like hero stories.

Fair enough. But 3 hours?

I found it more odd that that he's played through it three times. I mean, why sink that much time into a series you're obviously not real high on?

I only skimmed through most of it, but I watched the parts labeled Conclusion and The Second Conclusion. He sounds like he convinced himself that he was missing something and needed to play it again. It must be nice to have that much free time to waste.

Also, he's an incredibly boring reviewer.

I usually enjoy his videos, and the beginning was fine. But I admit I almost fell asleep trying to watch further :) Sorry for the bad one.

He made it because there was a high demand from his subscribers more than by personal choice, the motivation must have been hard to find.

On the positive side, he convinced me I didn't really want to buy the Legendary Edition. I didn't like the idea of installing Origin anyway.

I enjoyed the first Mass Effect a little bit and got more bored with 2 and 3. They are dumbed down shooters with dumbed down RPG elements with a mediocre story. I never got the hype. I even suggested Felipe Pepe not to cover them in the CRPG book :)

I usually enjoy his videos, and the beginning was fine. But I admit I almost fell asleep trying to watch further :) Sorry for the bad one.

I don't think he's a bad reviewer, it's just boring in the way he drones on in that monotone voice. He needs to work on his delivery.

On the positive side, he convinced me I didn't really want to buy the Legendary Edition. I didn't like the idea of installing Origin anyway.

Haven't you had Origin in the past though? It was needed for ME 3.

It's really just a minor annoyance tbh, though I really dislike that the Steam versions of EA's games still require it.

Nod, right there with ya HiddenX, save that three was the game that did me in. I still mean to replay the first two at some point, as I did enjoy each of those, to a certain extent. As long as I don't have to install Origin! /shiver.

I still want to play through it so I can finally see all the DLC but there's so many other games I haven't seen yet!

Mass Effect has been overrated since its first installment's release. But like most things that are highly celebrated, it eventually became underrated in some circles as the backlash parade began (Andromeda being the most egregious casualty, but not the only one.)

I remain unconvinced that there's a point to buying this legendary edition since I have all the individual games and DLC but I check my pulse reguarly to see if I have a jones to play through the games again. I've played through all three, but none of the DLC for games 2 or 3.

I remain unconvinced that there's a point to buying this legendary edition since I have all the individual games and DLC but I check my pulse reguarly to see if I have a jones to play through the games again. I've played through all three, but none of the DLC for games 2 or 3.

The DLC is some of the best content imo, though it's not likely to change one's overall opinion of the series. You also probably didn't have at least two companions that were locked behind paid DLC.

I don't think he's a bad reviewer, it's just boring in the way he drones on in that monotone voice. He needs to work on his delivery.

Haven't you had Origin in the past though? It was needed for ME 3.

It's really just a minor annoyance tbh, though I really dislike that the Steam versions of EA's games still require it.
Those are very long reviews, he should definitely try harder to make them alive. There are little jokes but as you say, it's the same tone all along. It's also very synthetic, high-level. In a sense, it's his strong suit, but I wish there were a few breaks with down-to-Earth elements for the sake of variety.

I had Origin on an old computer for games like Dragon: Origins, never played ME 3. I'm half-joking, if I wanted the game I'd install it. But it's yet another launch platform, with a tiny portion of useful features and 90% bloatware.

Back then I played ME and the beginning of ME 2, then stopped. And now, despite the story, the fact it's remastered and some sci-fi craving, I realized I wouldn't like ME anymore, especially since they removed most RPG elements or made them trivial with ME 2 and ME 3.

(or was the story bad? It left me with a good impression)

NeverKnowsBest is right with the "wheel" feature. They even patented it, if you can believe that (but there are all sorts of patents out there). I felt cheated several times when the dialogue didn't match the wheel choice, and it's too dumbed-down, I want more choices. But they wanted to make it simple, spare the player the pain to read too much, and keep the screen clean and appealing. Too streamlined.

The DLC was essential in order for me to continue my romance with my blue girlfriend.

I find it interesting when people play through games again. I understand why... great game and you want to experience it again. However, I've almost never done this in the last 8 or 10 years primarily because I've always got a queue of new games I want to try - and I'd rather try something new than play something I've already tried. Clearly though, lots of people are willing to pay for this remaster in order to play (what looks like to me) essentially the same games.

I find it interesting when people play through games again. I understand why… great game and you want to experience it again. However, I've almost never done this in the last 8 or 10 years primarily because I've always got a queue of new games I want to try - and I'd rather try something new than play something I've already tried. Clearly though, lots of people are willing to pay for this remaster in order to play (what looks like to me) essentially the same games.

I'm the same way. I do tend to replay my favorite shooters sometimes since they're so much shorter, but it's rare for me to replay an RPG. Even favorites like Elex and TW3 I've only played once. I have too many other games I want to play. I always exhaust the content in a completionist style, so that's probably a factor as well.

I find it especially interesting when people talk about spending 1000+ hours in one game. While I think it's great that they're getting that much enjoyment from it, I always wonder how they can spend that much time in one setting. Plus they're obviously not experiencing a lot of other games.

I'm the same way. I do tend to replay my favorite shooters sometimes since they're so much shorter, but it's rare for me to replay an RPG. Even favorites like Elex and TW3 I've only played once. I have too many other games I want to play. I always exhaust the content in a completionist style, so that's probably a factor as well.

I find it especially interesting when people talk about spending 1000+ hours in one game. While I think it's great that they're getting that much enjoyment from it, I always wonder how they can spend that much time in one setting. Plus they're obviously not experiencing a lot of other games.

Yeah, I can see it making more sense for shorter games. I often will watch a movie I like again - but that's just a couple hours vs 100 to play Witcher 3 again. =)

Spending hundreds of hours on the same game has a lot of variables. It would depend on the person, their personality, what they look for, amount of free time, how much they like the game, and how replayable it is for them.

For me I am not a gamer. I don't love games or gaming. I love very specific kinds of games and I only like gaming to that extend.

it's like people who know me go oh your are a big dog lover. Actually no, I am not. I love my dogs, not everyone else's. I like a lot of dogs but even there tends to be certain breeds.

When it comes to games I mainly play to escape. I like to make my own characters, I like certain genres and styles, etc.

So I am not missing out on a lot of games because I have no interest in them. I don't have a backlog of games as the number of games I tend to be able to sink into are pretty limited.

I would say most games I play only once. Then a small percentage that I will play between 2-5 times depending on length, my time, the type of variety in the game, and how much I want to continue playing in that game world.

Then there is the very small number that offer so much freedom and options, for what I like, that I can put huge hours into them.

Looking in steam Skyrim and FO4 have the most hours clocked. They are also games that I have created ENB and ReShade presets for which require extensive time in-game testing and creating. I have also made mods for both games that also take time.

For both those games I have done hundreds of stories and image posts on - with a single story sometimes taking up to 40 hours of time creating the images which is all done in the game. They also both have a large community which adds another dimension. Then, of course, mods, which with ENB and ReShade vastly add to the variety and diversity of the game experience.

They both also really fit my own personal desires of what a great game is even if the rest of the haters here disagree.

Below those two the next highest is Pathfinder: Kingmaker which I have 375 hours in, less than a 10th of what I have in Skyrim and FO4 but still a lot for a game I don't mod and have played 3 times through along with many hours spent just trying out builds.

I love the options in the game and the game play itself.

In WOTR I have 177 hours played, 132 in BG3, 122 in C2077, and 131 in POE1 which I played 3 times.

All the other games are closer to the 30-60 range and are one time play throughs for the most part.

I suspect for each person it comes down to enjoyment and fun We invest our time in what we enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom