WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
The Final Beta test available for download

For people who are in the beta, the last game update before the release is available :)

It's a 10.7 GB update, so not such an inconspicuous download.

Here are the patch notes:

New Features
  • More music tracks, including tracks recorded with the orchestra, have been added.
  • More voice acting added to chapters 3-4.
  • New main menu art.
  • New settings for colour blindness have been added.
  • Visual improvements for mongrelmen.
  • New art has been added to the crusade UI.
  • Global map has been improved.
  • You can now craft in hubs and craft scrolls with meta-magic.
  • Auto-crusade has been added.
  • Various aspects of the crusade mechanics have been reworked.

Quests
  • Breaking the chest with the wedding ring in Seelah’s quest in chapter 2 blocked the quest from progressing - fixed.
  • During Sosiel’s quest in chapter 4 you didn’t get additional dialogue options based on your previous choices - fixed.

Areas
  • Fixed broken navmeshes in various areas, which previously led to falling through the textures.
  • During the Prologue you couldn’t get your class equipment back from the chest you find underground - fixed.

Crusade
  • Fixed issues with various army units.
  • Wandering demon armies have been improved.
  • The morale system has been enhanced.
  • Mercenary units have been added to the crusade mechanics.
  • Some units in the crusade now have mounts.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Fixed various issues with Mythic Lich’s Dark Rites, Eclipse Chill, Decaying Touch, Death of Elements, Negative Energy Insight.
  • Fixed various issues with Mythic Aeon’s Gaze, damage reduction and initiative bonus against chaotic creatures, Mythic Suppression, Edict of Impenetrable Fortress, Aeon Companion Immunities, True Form, Improved Aeon’s Bane, Crystal Mind.
  • Fixed an issue with Mythic Azata’s Instrument of Freedom, Zippy Magic, Marvelous Endurance, All-skilled .
  • Fixed issues with Mythic Trickster’s tricks: Lore (Nature), Lore (Religion).
  • Fixed various issues with Mythis Demon’s Aspects, Close to the Abyss ability.
  • Mythic Angel’s Unfailing Beacon didn’t empower spells - fixed.
  • Mythic Angel’s Piercing Rays didn’t give proper penalty to Spell Resistance - fixed.
  • Mythic Angel’s Pure Form healed for a wrong number of HP - fixed.
  • Some feats and abilities were missing descriptions - fixed.
  • Unstoppable mythic feat has been fixed.
  • Rupture restraints couldn’t be triggered - fixed.
  • Cleaving Shot didn’t give damage to nearby enemies upon killing a target - fixed.
  • Enforced Vigor worked on self - fixed.
  • Some pre-made builds didn’t work - fixed.
  • Priest of Balance couldn’t take Selective Channeling - fixed.
  • Loot has been revisited.
  • Changing alignment to match your Mythic Path no longer breaks classes with alignment restrictions, as you continue to gain powers from your Mythic Path.

User Interfaces
  • Various visual glitches in character sheet interface - fixed.
  • In dialogues you could occasionally see messages regarding losing some items, when no items were actually lost - fixed.
  • Tiny pieces of paper were displayed over interactive objects - fixed.
  • Hold button became a toggle.
  • Various [unknown key] strings have been fixed.

Misc
  • Sometimes music suddenly stopped - fixed.
  • Some placeholder models have been replaced with final ones.

Getting OOT:

Apparently, I already have 200+ hours registered in Steam for that game. I find that somewhat suspicious, isn't Steam overestimating the running time of the games? It's not the first time I notice that.

Is there … a grand total? Just to see how many years we've spent on gaming? o_o
Nope, but I opened the page with all the game, from the profile, used two lines of Python and got 2626 hours. Let's do the same on GOG and add it: 3049 hours total, it's not that bad. Of course it doesn't include NWN, Morrowind, Fallout 3 and other old games, only those of the last 11-12 years or so?
Anyway, I'm sure most of you have a lot more ;)

Another video, this time focused on updates in the crusade system. That's the feature still being developed, and apparently it's taking shape!

He speaks about the crusade system and the "auto" setting, which should interest fans of Kingmaker who didn't like the Kingdom Management feature:
  • makes all the strategic aspects of the crusade system (so the equivalent of the kingdom management) become automatic and transparent to the player
  • does not impact the plot! This was the big issue in Kingmaker when trying to put Kingdom Management in auto mode so if that works, it should be a relief
  • generates the player's armies automatically and makes them invincible

I hope this new partnership (my EDIT above) doesn't make it even harder to get a stable September release… it's already looking difficult as it is.

I recommend assuming a delay and being pleasantly surprised if there isn't one. I would bet a modest amount of money on it missing its announced release date.

I recommend assuming a delay and being pleasantly surprised if there isn't one. I would bet a modest amount of money on it missing its announced release date.
Right now and seeing what's left to fix on the beta 3 update (and that's only in the part we see, excl. ch 4 & 5), I'm actually hoping for a little delay. Perhaps it's become more complicated with the new publisher partnership since decisions are not only in Owlcat's hands anymore.

We'll see how it goes, either way I'm sure it'll end up as a great game, but I hope they don't have to suffer from a bad release again.

The addition of Auto Mode is huge, and I like that it still gives you the option to fight the battles yourself if you want.

That's actually the first time I've watched footage of a crusade battle. It looks kind of fun if a bit simplistic. Do your companions have any participation in the crusade system similar to how they contributed to kingdom management in Kingmaker?

That's actually the first time I've watched footage of a crusade battle. It looks kind of fun if a bit simplistic. Do your companions have any participation in the crusade system similar to how they contributed to kingdom management in Kingmaker?
In the first beta, there were still companion or other NPCs as advisors, but there were fewer domains. Now it's simpler and more flexible, but they're still working on it.

Currently, there are still events and projects, but they're assigned to a council, not an advisor. When the council tackles the problem or the project, each member offers an alternative to deal with it. It's like a conversation where you can select a council member to solve the problem in a specific way. I think the idea is that the outcome, so the benefit for the crusade system in case of success, will depend on who is selected to deal with it, I suppose the DC is different too.

There are still a lot of placeholders and it's not complete, so hard to say exactly how it'll be, but it looks that way.

The composition of the council will depend on the mythic path chosen by the player, too. The whole system feels more cohesive than in Kingmaker, even though there are more parts (party with classes, mythic path, crusade system with armies and crusade management).

Well given the current climate of gaming is delay, delay, and delay again my magic 8-ball says expect a delay. Yep cynical I know but that's my experience with Early Access.

On the other-hand they better fix those bugs we don't want another Kingmaker.:nod:

The army battles were a it on the simple side so nice to see some work done on them. Auto-mode is also pretty cool to add for it.

Anyhow looks like they have no plan/intention to delay the game.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Update #92 - Its Now or Never
Today we are bringing you a final reminder, along with the beautiful and high-quality wallpapers with Areelu Vorlesh, the game's main antagonist. For those of you who ever wanted to obtain them, you can find and download them here.

There is very little time left before the release of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. The new adventure in the world of Golarion will begin in less than 2 months!

Little musical update :)

For Heroic Deeds, the Right Music
As you know, music is an important part of our games and that's why it should be memorable and of highest quality. Today we introduce a new composer, who helped bring the music of Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous to life. Meet Pawel Perepelica, composer and multi-instrumentalist from the city Pyatigorsk in southern Russia.
[...]

Link to the track:

Another day, another dev stream, this time with Tom Aglio and Lindsay Sheppard.
This Friday at 10 am PDT/1 pm EDT/7 pm CEST/20:00 MSK we will have a special stream with guests - voices of Woljif @TomAglioVO and Minagho @LSheppardVO will join us on Twitch!
Leave your questions in the replies, and we will make sure to ask them!

Link to their Twitch

E7UJKs1XIAILd6V

I've always found Minagho a bit disturbing…

She is pretty funny though (Minagho) and I wanted to like her even though I know she would kill me in a second.

I know the queen was very unhappy I let her go but frankly the Queen can go to hell ... but instead she fired her commander who had made better progress against the demons than any previous crusade, all because she was jealous of his attention, and then tried to get rid of him by sending him to hell to do the dirty work she lacked the courage to do herself. I have grown to despise the queen at this point.

When is the release date for this again? September, right? I don't suppose the beta has all the content?

Back
Top Bottom