Gothic 3 Finally, a few questions for a GIII beginner

I beat them, but instead of using the shield I healed myself during combat, by running away every time my health got low...
I think I'm just going to invest a lot in health and maybe some endurance too.

Also, at what reputation do people start attacking me ?
Like, if I have 60 reputation with the Hashishin does that mean all the nomads will start attacking me ? Or does it start lower or higher ?

EDIT: I got myself some pickpocketing skills, so I can steal Fabio's key to see Vatras ...
EDIT2: Well, kill him
EDIT3: Depending on the reputation thingy, I might go to Nordmar before killing any mages...

EDIT4: And this is quite an interesting Guide on chests ... http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/920920/47253

Last edited:
Unless something changed reputation doesnt affect hostility. Faction-wise hostility is triggered by liberating cities or destroying rebel camps and then talking to a leader of the faction that you've wronged.

Oh, alright. Then I'll probably kill some water mages to get the hashishin armour :)

EDIT: Also the health I took is helping me tremendously... I am at about 700 Health now, I can survive multiple attacks from shadowbeasts and stuff. If I manage to get the Hashishin armour then I think I'll have an easy rest of the game. It would effectively treble my armour protection.

I still can't kill monsters and some other things, but when I have a partner like Diego or something, things get much easier.

Also, Kostaz, I think you're right. Magic is much easier. I finally used a few scrolls I had and Summon Lightning kills shadowbeasts in one hit. So if you get enough mana, you can kill like 4 shadowbeasts without even flinching...

To the mods: Sorry for the multiple posts before as well.

Last edited:
Ye olde Wild Boards, Snappers, Shadowbeasts, Ripperbeasts and Monster tactic: swing, step backward and a wee bit to the side, step backward, repeat. If the creature is too close, go for the quick strike. Usable against two at the same time, but you'll have to retreat in such a way they're always both in front of you (so you can stop both attacks with your swing). Doesn't work if you're backing up a slope, but works even better if you're going downhill. The only difference between monsters is the amount of time you'll have to do this - expect to take a while against Monsters. Generally usable on most other creatures, except wolves - which are still a mistery to me, since they strike too fast for me to interrupt them.

Thanks, I'll try it. I do have enough reputation for the Hashishin armour now, so I'm probably going to buy it. I probably won't have enough for the Nordmar one later on, but I guess that's ok.

I think the armour is going to make my Gothic life much easier... But we'll see.

I still can't kill monsters and some other things, but when I have a partner like Diego or something, things get much easier.

Monsters and trolls are quite easy to kill with a bow: You should shoot and then run a bit (but not more then the point you can't see them) away, shoot some more, run away, shoot a bit more and then it's done. Trolls and monsters are way easier then a pack of wolves or snappers. Usually I manage to shoot two of them down, but when it's a pack of 5 or 6 ... well, Bart dies.

Actually, I kill trolls quite easily now, even alone. I just poison them or hit them once or twice and then retreat... They go down quite easily since they're slow. Monsters are still hard.

Wolves are quite hard, yeah. Sabretooths too.

Nordmar is quite hard, but I'm trying to find all the weapons chests now instead. I'm using the chest FAQ though. I'm only on like the Katana on the list and it's not really good TBH, but I'm going to try and find the other chests too.

I went to both the Wolf and Hammer Clan but now I'm back in Cap Dun to find the chests...

Seriously, if Nordmar is not fun for you, skip the sidequests. Liberate whatever you have to liberate (depends on which faction you prefer), and then go back to the south. I spent a lot of time in Nordmar because I like the culture there, but I didn't find finishing the quests there very rewarding. And yes, the area is very hard, and you can get lost easily.

I don't like the labyrinth type thingy, but I do like the atmosphere...
It's a bit like Varant when I first started out there. It seemed very hard to find where I was going, I'm sure I'll get used to it at some point. It'll just be after my exams :D

Any progress?Or are you still lost in Nordmar? :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom