Heroes of Hammerwatch - Pyramid of Prophecy March 13th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
'Pyramid of Prophecy' is a new expansion for Heroes of Hammerwatch that will release March 13th.

Save the date for Mar 13, 2019 at 2:00pm PDT, that's when the expansion/DLC for Heroes of Hammerwatch is being released (unless something really unfortunate happens)!

This is a big expansion that also comes with a big free patch that fixes and tweaks tons of stuff.

Main features of the expansion includes a completely new campaign, new class, new gameplay features and tons of smaller additions and changes. People that don't have the DLC can still play the new campaign with people that have it, but will miss some of the more specific features, like the new class.

Price:
7 USD with regional changes.

Trailer:

If you want to try the non-DLC changes right away you can download a testing version by going in to properties on Heroes of Hammerwatch in Steam, go to the BETAS tab and select public_testing.
More information.

The developers of this game must introduce a TURN BASED MODE!!!!!!!

That would be like introducing real time combat into chess...

After watching the video I'd say that would be more like adding turn based mode to Galaga.

It's 2019, of course I'm looking at a Galaga reboot with added RPG elements. What else would I expect?

*gibber gibber all the pwetty daffodils gibber gibber*

Just played through the expansion with a Ranger. Nice additions. Some hints for more future releases I'd say.

Now if they just made the item inventory permanent... :p

You have me intrigued. What on earth has happened to your inventory?

You have me intrigued. What on earth has happened to your inventory?

What I meant was that collected items are lost once you finish a dungeon, or the arena. It's fine really, it just disturbs my power fantasies. ;)

Oooh, I see what you mean now. It's not some weird and unique quirk of design, the items just don't carry over to the expansion.

Yes, exactly. Or if you start with the expansion dungeon (possible in theory) they would not carry over to the original dungeon.

It's a result the rogue-lite concept they have. Maybe a slight oversight, because they never really planned to have multiple dungeons. While it makes sense not to keep items on replays or after death, the additional dungeon is a different thing.

Last edited:
It's an interesting twist as a design feature, but I still doubt I'd pick this one up. I will be watching to see what others think of it, though.

Back
Top Bottom