RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Grotesque - Interview @ gry.o2.pl
View Single Post

January 12th, 2009, 13:37
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Rockstar type who loves metal????? That is SO not me, or others of my vintage.
He's German. For Germany (and I think also many other european countries) metal and fantasy is oftenly consumed by the same target groups. Nuclear Blast (biggest european metal label, e.g. Nightwish, In Flames, Hammerfall, Dimmu Borgir) is advertising regulary in several german fantasy game releases (Legend, NWN2, Drakensang, etc.). So for the european market this will surely find resonance. Of course I can't speak for the rest of the world.

They are going to produce OTHER famous RPG's on their engine??
Isn't he a little ahead of himself!!
It's not his own engine. Vision 3D engine is a license engine from german developer Trinigy. It was often used e. g. by Spellbound, the guys who now make Gothic 4. They used it for Desperados 2, Helldorado and Airline Tycoon (what engine they use for Gothic 4, I can't say. They afaik didn't tell). I think Ubisoft also used it for an installtion of their settlers series. AFAIK Vision is free to use for developers as long as they don't have a publishing contract. They have to pay when they make revenue out of their product. The engine is also approved for XBox and PS3.

http://www.trinigy.net
--
A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)