RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Splinter Cell - Conviction
View Single Post

June 7th, 2009, 03:53
Anyone else notice how remarkably similar SC:Conviction and Assassin's Creed 2 are? That is, in terms of gameplay mechanics.
Take a look at the "environmental interaction" sequences from each E3 preview. Note how similar the climbing/scaling mechanics are. I mean, the animations are identical. You will also see the same movements when it comes to the much-touted feature of AC2, the ability to grab enemies when on a ledge and pull them over. The EXACT same motion is used in this very preview of Splinter Cell.
Also, the automation of aiming seems too much like the "cinematic" (read: automatic) combat system of AC: you press a button on occasion, then sit back and watch the action unfold. I mean, really, since when did it become so difficult to aim? Do we really need a system that removes you even further from the actual game?
Oh, don't get me wrong, it seems interesting and all…just, more like a movie and less of a game. What's more, the blatant similarities in gameplay make it appear like Ubi is creating the same thing twice, just changing up the setting.

themadhatter

Philosopher Emeritus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)