Dark Alliance - Release Date: June 22

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Action-RPG Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance will be released on June 22:

Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance

Dark Alliance brings to life the world of Dungeons & Dragons in an explosive action RPG filled with real-time combat and dynamic co-op.

Frost giants and vengeful dragons roam unchecked through Icewind Dale as invading armies of evil grow stronger every day. Now four heroes must beat back the onslaught of creatures and defend against the dark.

Choose your hero and join up to three other friends to battle legendary monsters. Explore the frigid world of Icewind Dale as you vanquish unstoppable bosses, earn powerful gear, and unlock new abilities to take on even bigger challenges.

Conquer Unstoppable Monsters
Dark Alliance pits players against some of the most legendary monsters from the world of Dungeons & Dragons. Frost giants, Beholders, White Dragons--muster the strength to defeat them all against insurmountable odds.

Fight Alongside Your Friends
Join up to four friends and fight together in a dynamic co-op experience with explosive real-time combat. Unleash devastating combos as you topple unstoppable monsters too powerful to go it alone.

Choose Your Hero
Play as one of four distinct heroes, each with their own unique playstyle and customizable abilities. Complete missions and vanquish bosses to unlock new skills and earn powerful gear, allowing players to take on even bigger challenges.

Brave the Frozen Landscape
Dark Alliance brings to life the world of Dungeons & Dragons like never before. Explore the frigid and dangerous world of Icewind Dale as you defend your homeland from armies of abominable monsters.
More information.

That trailer was ... not inspiring. Wishlisted anyway on Steam, but seriously - didn’t even see a true Mage in the group? Nothing about this so far that meets even my incredibly low expectations. Shame. I loved Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance way back - again not a deep experience but lots of fun.

That's an understatement. I think the trailer is one of the worst I've ever seen, and I've seen some bad ones.

Here's a link for anyone who hasn't seen it yet and is curious.

As for the game itself, I'm not sure who their target audience is, but it's certainly not the crpg crowd.

Well, that trailer drained out any interest I had for the game (and I did enjoy the previous games in the series, so I had been fairly interested until I watched that).

Good grief... the actual state of it!

didn’t even see a true Mage in the group?

That's because its a pre-existing group, as described in all of those RA Salvatore novels. Well, minus the halfling... ?

As with any game, if multi-player is an important component of the appeal of the game, then it won't be a game for me. Apart from that, if its story is not of key interest in the appeal of the game, then it's not for me.

That's because its a pre-existing group, as described in all of those RA Salvatore novels. Well, minus the halfling… ?

I read the trilogy a very long time ago. Yes, Regis is missing. And Drizzt is not a thief, he is a ranger. Also, if I remember correctly, Catti-brie is a damsel in distress for most of the original trilogy. Fortunately, RA Salvatore seems to have corrected that in the sequels, but I haven't read them.

It's a Co-op action RPG with switchable characters so I'll pass. Not my cup of tea I'm glad to say. I'm getting the same vibes I got from Sacred 3 which flopped two years back.

The Action-RPG Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Souls will be released on June 22.

i tried to suffer thru the old Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance xbox game - was hopeful, but didnt make it very far!

Well I actually enjoyed those games on the PS2. The same developer made a Fallout and offline Everquest versions as well. Nowadays though probably not so much.

Can it be as bad as Sword Coast Legends? What was that other ill-conceived one - Daggerdale I think it was? Wow henrique was right though - the Dark Souls influence looks strong in that trailer.

To be honest the first two Dark Alliances were never top tier titles in the first place, so it's hardly surprising this won't be winning any major prizes either. They were relatively solid co-op action games you could knock out in a weekend; unlock a few classic AD&D / Forgotten Realms characters in the process, perhaps replay once at a later date, but that's about it.
They'll obviously never be compared in the same breath as Baldur's Gate or the Fallouts of the world.

That said, I never did pick up Champions of Norrath which I know has similar gameplay. My brother and I used to play most of these co-op action RPGs as they came out but naturally over time, life starts to get in the way.

Can it be as bad as Sword Coast Legends? What was that other ill-conceived one - Daggerdale I think it was? Wow henrique was right though - the Dark Souls influence looks strong in that trailer.

I've never played Daggerdale, but this looks much worse than Sword Coast Legends imo. At least that game had some semblance of a D&D experience with the isometric view and having control of a party. This appears to be nothing more than a D&D themed brawler.

I played Daggerdale and it is one of the few games that I never finished. The first couple of levels were "okay" but then it became very tiresome and repetitive as the levels continued. It might of been more enjoyable with multi player but I have my doubts. It bore little to no resemblence to D&D apart from a few name drops here and there. Avoid at all costs. This looks very similar.

I don't know it didn't look that hopeless to me. Could be fun in a frantic, less strategic Dark Souls way. Maybe a 3rd person Diablo with WASD & DnD models. Not to be taken seriously but could be fun?

That trailer was hilariously bad. My wild-ass guess is the developers started with a D&D style game which got pushed more and more to a brawler game. Once they started putting together promo material they realized "um, this ain't D&D" and just went for over the top heavy metal mayhem to appeal to a different audience.

The trailer has some serious spilt personality issues.

Back
Top Bottom