RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Gothic Remake - Steam Page Up
View Single Post

March 17th, 2021, 21:12
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
But surely in Baldur's Gate you would be controlling (and possibly role playing) male characters?

My post was meant purely jokingly, but I suppose it's an interesting point, in that when is a game too male or too female for it to be comfortably played by the opposite sex with any modicum of self-insertion.

Most team-based games I play I will naturally try to put together a team of both males and females, and in so doing often have no opinion about whether the self-chosen one (if you only create 1 yourself) is male or female.

For the more single character based games? I dunno, they tend to be the more action-oriented games with very little in the way of role-playing anyway. I'm not sure about Gothic, I suppose it is generally too much of a sausage-fest to be an easy pick-up for some females, but I'm not sure if any of that aspect would effect any role-playing aspects?

What are the specifically male role-playing aspects of Gothic?
In BG like games, you can create your protagonist of your chosen gender + your companions come with pregenerated personality, so in essense I'm only RPing my own character which is very different to Gothic like game where you have to RP a male protagonist (I don't think its party based either?)

purpleblob

Mentioned: Post(s)
+1: