Dark Alliance - Boss Battle Gameplay Trailer

I'm kinda unimpressed…

Also, maybe it's a bit nitpicky, but beholders are one of the most iconical creatures in DnD, and their eyestalks are their main form of aggression, constantly shooting deadly lasers with all kinds of effects. That thing in the video seems to have eyestalks just as some form of creepy ornament, which makes me doubt the developers are trying too hard to make a fair implementation of the setting the game is based on.

Pew, pew, this is D&D. Pew pew. Sharp reflexes and twitch skills are what every D&D gamer longs to put to use in a game; this is going to be a raging success. Hopefully they add in jumping/platform puzzles for even more fun.

That Beholder. Possibly they could torture people by forcing them to play this game?

That's just not a beholder. Maybe a beholder that's been massively twisted by some dark magic, or maybe it's some distant ancestor from millions of years ago, but that just isn't a proper beholder.

I always wondered what's inside a beholder. Is it all brains inside? Does it have a stomach? (this is where the rest of the party is supposed to end up, according to the well known joke)

Turns out, the answer is: lotsa teeth and empty space.

I dunno guys, given the original Dark Alliance games, this is pretty much what I expect in a modernised version. Third person over the shoulder, overdone actiony shit.
Not what I look for in a CRPG, but it have to admit it might still be a fun coop diversion.

(Yeah, not sold on that Beholder either.)

Someone paid money for a license they had no intention of using any of the lore on, always a shame to see. Slapping a brand name on the tin and reskinning some things is pretty lazy as far as marketing goes.

The game might end up being good, but D&D this is not.

Back
Top Bottom