Things you don't need to know...

It is quite normal for right handed people to jump with their left leg. Walking on the left side of the street is safest as you can see the traffic on your side of the street coming towards you.

I know a lady with a brain injury, who worked as a writer for TV. She can still write, but she writes backwards - it's perfectly legible in a mirror.

I wonder if this might explain how driving on the right came about. :p

It must be. We saw how the British drove on the left side and thought they had a brain injury :)

Whenever I’m in the UK, I find myself almost being overrun by a car when crossing the street, because I’m used to looking left first, whereas the danger comes from the right.
I also tend to stand on the right side of the escalators in the subway, until someone who is in a bigger hurry than me, reminds me to move to the left.
Changing these old patterns isn’t easy, which is why I never drive a car when I’m in the UK. Just imagine going in the wrong direction on a roundabout :)

It must be. We saw how the British drove on the left side and thought they had a brain injury :)

Whenever I’m in the UK, I find myself almost being overrun by a car when crossing the street, because I’m used to looking left first, whereas the danger comes from the right.
I also tend to stand on the right side of the escalators in the subway, until someone who is in a bigger hurry than me, reminds me to move to the left.
Changing these old patterns isn’t easy, which is why I never drive a car when I’m in the UK. Just imagine going in the wrong direction on a roundabout :)

My uncle once got punched by another driver, because he went the wrong way in a roundabout in London... :D

Where were the polite English manners then?

Where were the polite English manners then?

Mainly in Hugh Grant movies. Driving the wrong way round a London roundabout is very likely to attract some abuse, and possibly a poke in the chops. :p

Mainly in Hugh Grant movies. Driving the wrong way round a London roundabout is very likely to attract some abuse, and possibly a poke in the chops. :p
Hehe, are you telling me England isn't exactly like in the movies? I'm shocked!

Not to mention the occasional violation of two things (cars) without consequences occuyping in the same spot rule. Unless there are (veery unlikely) some weird quantum mechanisms at work.

anb incarnationm of pibbur who prefers no close encounter with other vehicles.

The Dutch are running out of cheese.

According to this report (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ts-run-out-of-cheese-after-ransomware-attack/).

Apparenatly it's due to a ransomware attack.

Doesn't say if it's about softcheese or hardcheese.

an incarnation of pibbur who likes brown cheese. Which strictly speaking is not cheese. Who cares? Not pibbur.
For anyone who is planning to go to Norway after the pandemic, make sure you try brown "cheese". Weird stuff. :)

For anyone who is planning to go to Norway after the pandemic, make sure you try brown "cheese". Weird stuff. :)

The hurls may have tested it.

Observe that there are many different kinds of brown cheese: Gudbrandsdal cheese, Mys cheese, different kinds of goat milk cheese, Misvær-cheese and several others.

an incarnation of pibbur who have tasted all of the above mentioned and who prefers those made from goat milk.

Well, if we're going to the cheese shop, I would highly recommend Sussex Charmer, if available. I love the stuff, and it's lovely sprinkled on things instead of parmesan.

Well, if we're going to the cheese shop, I would highly recommend Sussex Charmer, if available. I love the stuff, and it's lovely sprinkled on things instead of parmesan.
I actually don't find parmesan cheese very special, but buy it to please my daughter and wife, who both love it.

If your suggestions is tastier, maybe I'll get to enjoy it as well. I'm gonna check if our local cheese store has it.

The hurls may have tested it.

Observe that there are many different kinds of brown cheese: Gudbrandsdal cheese, Mys cheese, different kinds of goat milk cheese, Misvær-cheese and several others.

an incarnation of pibbur who have tasted all of the above mentioned and who prefers those made from goat milk.

I did taste it and preferred the goats milk as well. Certainly better than what often passes for ‘cheese’ in the USA. 99% orange food colouring 1% diary.

I agree, American cheese is revolting!! Dutch, Swiss and Welsh are my favourites, unless it's for pizza!! :)

I actually don't find parmesan cheese very special, but buy it to please my daughter and wife, who both love it.

If your suggestions is tastier, maybe I'll get to enjoy it as well. I'm gonna check if our local cheese store has it.

It's a bit unusual - it's sort of somewhere between a hard cheese like parmesan, and a strong cheddar. So I find it really good for that fine sprinkling of cheese that lifts some meals, like a parmesan. But I also think it has a much better flavour, and it can be used in all kinds of ways.

Speaking of cheese, a friend of mine was in Canada once, two decades ago, and he was gushing about the cheese they put on Pizza and stuff. "They only have one kind of cheese topping, for everything," he said, "but it was the best." Very elastic, apparently, like octopus tentacles. Anyone know what that could have been?

Back
Top Bottom