Skyrim More Skyrim Voice Cast Announced

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch
Some cool new details about the civil war and the main quest, plus Colonel Saul Tigh!!

Source: http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/27/a-star-studded-cast/

September 27, 2011 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today revealed the stage and screen legends lending their talents to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the next installment in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim will feature an ensemble cast of Academy Award nominees, including Christopher Plummer (“The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,” “The Insider”), Max Von Sydow (“The Exorcist,” “Minority Report”), and Joan Allen (“The Contender,” “The Bourne Ultimatum”).

Christopher Plummer, a two-time Emmy Award winner, two-time Tony Award winner and Academy Award nominee, takes on the role of Arngeir, a powerful Greybeard elder. An order of philosopher monks who are masters of the Way of the Voice, the Greybeards live in silent isolation atop Skyrim’s largest mountain.

Academy Award nominee, Max Von Sydow, stars as Esbern, a chronicler and agent of the Blades who has survived in hiding. Long obsessed with the foretold return of the dragon Alduin, the World Eater, Esbern will teach you how to confront this epic evil.

Tony Award winner and three-time Academy Award nominee, Joan Allen, will be making her videogame debut as Delphine, one of the last remaining members of the Blades – an ancient warrior society once sworn to protect the Emperor. Like you, Delphine is trying to unravel the mystery of the dragons’ return.

In addition, iconic actress and singer, Lynda Carter (“Wonder Woman”), voices Gormlaith Golden-Hilt, one of the Nord heroes who overthrew the dragons in ancient times.

“It’s been incredible to have all these actors together,” said Todd Howard, Game Director. “When you start a project, you always make your wish-list of actors, and to actually hear them in the game, it’s amazing. We can’t wait for everyone to experience it.”

Skyrim’s cast also includes:

Michael Hogan (“Battlestar Galactica”), who plays Imperial General Tullius, in charge of crushing the Stormcloak rebellion.

Vladimir Kulich (“The 13th Warrior,” “Smoking Aces”) portrays Hogan’s nemesis Ulfric Stormcloak, Jarl of Windhelm and charismatic leader of the Stormcloaks, who aims to make Skyrim independent of the Empire.

Claudia Christian (“Babylon 5”) joins the cast as Legate Rikke, General Tullius’s chief lieutenant, a loyal Imperial officer as well as a Nord who firmly believes Skyrim must remain part of the Empire.

Diane Louise Salinger (“Carnivale”), Renee Victor (“Weeds”), and Saturday Night Live-alum George Coe (“Transformers: Dark of the Moon”) round out the star-studded cast of more than 70 different voice actors delivering over 60,000 lines of dialogue.

Nice voice cast indeed. I hope they are used properly and not like Patrick Stewart in Oblivion.

Based on the strength of the voice cast, I hope we get well written and memorable NPCs in game.

At least they put more effort into voices this time.

Still, what troubled me with the voices in Oblivion was not the small number of different voices, but that they still let several NPCs change their voices during their 30 seconds of fame. And that their voiced greeting quite often had little to do with the context of your interaction with them. (This problem is not specific to TES, several games suffer from this. "My, you're a tall one", when my character is a gnome. "Why can't you leave me alone", when you're returning a quest).

Says pibbur who still thinks that games don't need voices.

In addition, iconic actress and singer, Lynda Carter (“Wonder Woman”), voices Gormlaith Golden-Hilt, one of the Nord heroes who overthrew the dragons in ancient times.

Just her or her and every female Nord and Orc on the planet?

More voice actors? Great. Now they just need to hire some decent writers. :p

I'm also getting the suspicion the big names will have a few key lines here and there, and then 90% of the very generic dialog will be done by another 5 people.

Bethesda confirmed 70 voice actors, outside of the "name" actors.

I was planning to side with the Stormcloaks but now that I see Saul Tigh is the frakking leader of the Imperial Legion faction, I think I will have to meet this guy and hear him out before deciding.

I was planning to side with the Stormcloaks but now that I see Saul Tigh is the frakking leader of the Imperial Legion faction, I think I will have to meet this guy and hear him out before deciding.

Now I kind of want the story to be about Dwemer robots disguised as humans and elves infiltrating society. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom