When did you start gaming?

I don't remember. I do remember that the first videogame I've ever played was Phoenix. The insert coin on arcade, ofc. It was not the first videogame I've seen, I just wasn't interested in others. For example pac man was "available" around the same time, but I didn't care about it back then just as I don't care now.

Can't remember for sure. I started with Nintendo, I'd say when I was about 10 years old. Started PC gaming around 2000's when I finally got my own PC.

Early eighties. Started on Atari ST and also got an Amiga 500 for all the games that weren't coming out on the ST.

I started gaming for real 1982 with the C64 (all genres).

Before (since 1980) I could only use an Apple II at school. Mostly for programming and only rarely for gaming.

My special interest in RPGs began some years later with Dungeon Master and Bard's Tale, ... on the Amiga.

I don't remember. I do remember that the first videogame I've ever played was Phoenix. The insert coin on arcade, ofc. It was not the first videogame I've seen, I just wasn't interested in others. For example pac man was "available" around the same time, but I didn't care about it back then just as I don't care now.

Man I loved Phoenix and I still play it with my nieces and nephews on my home arcade. They love it also. It has stood the test of time. Still a great game.

I started gaming with Pong and Space Invaders around 1978 I guess. Loved going to arcades and waited for a coupon every month for 10 tokens for $1. Best day of the month. Phoenix, Frontline, Wizard of Wor, and Bump and Jump were my favorites early on.

I guess it was 1981 when I fell in love with Wizardry on my neighbors Apple 2+.

i think it was 1968.
Playing little league baseball was my first multiplayer game lol. I used to love playing pinball and those baseball and football machines in arcades.

Somehow this feels like an earlier thread.
Uhhmmmn computer pixel like gaming? !975 or 1976 can't remember and too lazy to google "Nolan Bushnell"

it was the local arcade at our new mall and the first game was probably Pong but I have better memories of skipping afternoon class and playing Space invaders and Wizards of Wor.

Mostly around 1980 - would walk over to the university and play star trek on dec-10 :)
-
they didn't seem to mind having a kid walk into the computer room and use a terminal for a few hours.
--
Actually I used to play board game when i was 5 or so with my sister. I think that lasted till i was 10 or 12 or so. Eventually she took to horses and I never saw her again.

I began in the early 80's with an Intellivision, before graduating to a C64!!

Wasn't this question asked before by you Dart?o_O

Anyway same answer as before. Started playing on the Atari as a young kid then moved on to Sega Genesis and Nintendo. Didn't get my first PC till the mid 90's.

If I remember it was one of the first Pentium PC's. So my first PC games were Fallout, Baldur's Gate, and Command and Conquer. Never bothered to play any older games.

Yep, most of you guys are older than I - you guys practically started gaming when I was born lol

It's too vague a question & so will garner vague and incoherent replies.

When did everyone start 'gaming'? Why, as soon as they were old enough to be in meaningful contact with gaming equipment. ie: it's just an 'how old are you?' question.

You'd have to have been born literally in the wilderness to have not come into contact with computer games of some description as of the late 70s & early 80s, from early PCs to hand-held consoles to arcade machines to digital watches with games on them.

If you want to define the question a bit further to be "at what age did you decide computer gaming was pretty much your primary or a major part of your daily life expectations" or something a bit snappier, then you might have a thread worth reading beyond "yeah, I played Space Invaders too".

@lackblogger;

You seem to be the only person incapable of answering the question :)

But thanks for your insights.

I began in the early 80's with an Intellivision, before graduating to a C64!!

In 82 Chris moved next door and they had a Intellivision, tron deadly discs.

1984 christmas my family got a 64 and over those holidays a friend gave me a copy of Ultima 3.

Never looked back

I don't know about standard gaming as we had a NES in the home when I was 2-3 or something. However, I started PC gaming in 95. I think the first game I truly remember was Age of Empires and I only played strategy games until I played Diablo 2 once in a gaming café. That's what brought me to RPGs, but I still very much enjoy Strategy games.

I played a game of Heroes of Might and Magic III yesterday with my in-law :)

Back
Top Bottom