The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The only other online game I would even consider getting, is Guild Wars 2 since I've enjoyed GW 1, though I haven't played it in nearly 2 years since a certain Cm also stopped playing. Being basically retired means I don't have a lot of ready cash either and I have to plan ahead for expenses. I have things in RL which cost money too. :) I think there's enough in DDO getting my 4 chars to level 20 to keep me busy and involved for several years.

No, because blitzkrieg is exactly what a Barbarian brings to the table. High dps, but takes a lot of damage in return. I can do great burst damage with my Paladin, meaning all the short term abilities can boost my damage to well beyond Phuury's, but Rachail can only hold that for a brief time before she drops back to base damage.

Since mob hp are so inflated, especially on elite, high dps is the name of the game. Since AC is difficult past a certain point to get to even matter, it becomes more important to knock down the bad guys before they inflict much damage. Shadohe, along with the other sword and board characters, tend to take more damage by drawing out the encounter. Especially on boss encounters. Unless you can get to about 45AC or so, at out current level, dps is the best option you have. As we get along, it'll climb higher and higher, until you need about 95-100 AC for it to matter.

Peter's Paladin, in AC mode, kept having to retreat and drink pots to keep up, and he does have high AC, pushing near 40.

It has hurt my Cleric to have to keep sp for removing disease, blindness, and other crap like that. I just went and stocked up on a few wands, so those will no longer be an issue.

I'm beginning to see, as I get further into the game as a Cleric, just why Favored Souls are considered more powerful. I went to see if I could swap a few spells around, for greater effectiveness, since I no longer need several cure spells. There is nothing there to take. A Favored Soul will be stretching to find a useful spell to fill a few slots in the lower levels. It's only once you hit level 6 spells and up that it becomes more complicated. Far too late to consider bringing up another, better built FvS though. That would cost enough money for a +2 supreme tome, and hoping I could zerg 7-8 levels before the rest of the group could move beyond me. It'd also mean basically abandoning the rest of my characters, save my Cleric or Paladin, until the FvS caught up.

Had a thought. Several peopel have posted great build outlines throughout this thread, but they tend to get lost. Maybe Peter should set up a new thread where builds and things to avoid in each build could be posted instead. This would be especially helpful to new players who might join in, and to those of us who might create new chars on different servers to try them out. I currently have a level 4 cleric on Cannith which I'm sure I'll mess up when levelling as I've never played a cleric in DnD before.

Thread begun over in MMO.

Right now there are discounts on some rather interesting items on the DDO store:

+2 Tome of supremacy (+2 to all stats) is down to 1996 points instead of the usual 2495.

32pt build is down to 1121 points instead of the usual 1495. Please notice you need to have unlocked veteran builds in order to use the 32pt build.

There is a discount on buying new Turbine points as well. You get 50% more bonus points than usual.

E. g. $50 will give you 5950 points now instead of the usual 5000 (3100 without bonus). So it's definitely time to buy more turbine points now. You can buy points for less than $50 as well.

All types of healing potions have a discount as well.

Not going to be there on Friday. Will fill everyone in next week hopefully.

I'm actually out for this Friday as well. Will be available for marathon session Saturday evening.

@CM- hope everything turns out as well as can be expected

Looks like it's going to be a short Friday session then. I'll be there, but my schedule has changed, and I'm working Saturday to boot. Since I now have to get up at 2:30am, I'll only be good until 8 my time at the latest. Hopefully there won't be any more Saturdays at work.

I'll be on dial-up with my wireless this weekend. Friday night I can play late, but Sat. is doubtful.

Doubtful I will be here Friday. Should that change I will post but don't wait up for me.
@ Dte, thanks and thank all of you for your well wishes.

Well, people do buy those dragonshards... and pay good money for them. Sadly, I can't find anything worth buying on the AH. I was looking for a Potency item (preferably VI) and a Devotion VI item, as well as a Wizardry III or Magi item that wouldn't cost me my heavy fortification armor.

I soloed my way through the quest Invaders on casual. Nothing but beholders, renders, flenders, flanders, and other outsiders, and a bunch of terrified kobolds. Naturally, I tried to kill the kobolds. Banishment works wonders here, though some of the critters have spell resistance.

No traps, and I pulled a solid 10k xp off it. There's only one shrine there though.

Don't know that quest. Is it a free one?

Ah, that's for higher level chars than regular WW. I'd forgotten about that.

Made it back home so will be there tonight.

Great, now I won't have to give Jo such a hard time!! :) You'll be there instead!!!! lol

won't be playing tonight so if u are don't look for me

Back
Top Bottom