What games are you playing now?

You prolly wont believe this... but...

I am playing single-player games AND AT THE SAME TIME playing MMORPGs AT THE SAME TIME -- DID I MENTION ITS AT THE SAME TIME ?!?!?!

Yeah, its like I finally gave into doing BOTH of them, amazing. This is like... the ULTIMATE SOLUTION !!! I feel so retarded that I didnt just do this a year ago. So what happened is I just chose a few of what I think are the best non-MMO and single-player games and then I went and bought them -- but I will be playing MMOs too at same time so finally I think the dillema is solved, I think I just need a few extra games to keep me happy when I get bored of WoW. Of course I will always go back to WoW in a some days so having WoW plus a bunch of other games all installed on my computer is best solution.

So I am playing:

-- World of Warcraft
-- Heroes of Might & Magic V (with all expansions)
-- Civilization IV (with all expansions)
-- Battlefield 2142
-- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
-- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Besides the three big MMORPGs I am gonna buy this year (Darkfall, Warhammer Online, and Age of Conan, although possibly Huxley and Stargate Worlds too), as far as more non-MMO and single-player games this year I am going to buy Spore, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames and the new Grand Theft Auto if it comes out.

Also this birthday (April 26) I am getting from my parents as a gift Quake Wars to round out extreme online PvPness.

I've been chasing Cm around GW-Nightfall. For an online game, it can get pretty addictive when playing with someone else!! I bought it and Eye of the North in a half price sale and since there are no fees to play, it's been a worthwhile investment.
Dont do it !!! You might get sucked into MMO-dom !!! FOR ALL ETERNITY!

I finally exhausted the Nethergate : Resurrection demo (it took a while - I was using it as my coffee break game) and sprang for the full version. Enjoying it immensely.

I like that it has opportunities for full party wipeout in even the more n00bish dungeons - but mainly if you are determined to make risky decisions.

The shrine eminates evil...
(player moves closer)
No, seriously, it emanates a shitload of evil; this might not be the best idea...
(players grits teeth, moves closer)
Okay, your funeral. Three Mighty Lords of Super Badassness materialise. Game-save reload imminent!

I also like the small attempts at moral ambiguity. Should you feel okay about slaughtering that goblin village? Is it okay that "lighting the wicker man" means more than just a barbecue and a sing-a-long?

Some parts are perhaps too whimsical (e.g. the talking spiders), but overall I'm rather liking the setting and the story. Perhaps more so than Avernum's.

:D

Sound's like a game I might enjoy.

I'm playing VII now... it's a blast... but like I said, if anyone has any idea on how to get IX to work I would really appreciate it :)

Hm ... VMWare ? Virtual PC ? With an old Win95 installed ?

It's just a thought ... don't know how good this might work ... It surely needs a fast PC, I guess ...

Still playing "The Witcher". Yes, I know that I'm slow ;). Stupid "real life".

I'm playing jade empire.Good game but nothing special.It reminds me of kotor but with really bad battles.Also playing CoD:modern warfare.Great game
Still waiting drakensang to quit all others.And dragon age........

I have yet to finish G3, Witcher, or MotB!! But, I'm 2/3 of the way through M&M VI for the 4th or 5th time!! :)

Dont do it !!! You might get sucked into MMO-dom !!! FOR ALL ETERNITY!

For me, GW reminds me that while playing with others is fun, it certainly isn't worth $15 a month ... especially when I prefer to have loads of varying games going.

Yes, I wouldn't pay either, but GW has no monthly fees and playing with others YOU KNOW, is heaps of fun.

Yep, still haven't finished G3 or the Witcher. I'm waiting on the extended edition for TW, and I'll probably finish G3 after that.

... Playing the TW add-on right now. Man, playing on difficult is brutal compared to the 'difficult' setting on the regular game.

I downloaded the mod-pack for Civilization 4 called Fall from Heaven 2.

OMG its so awesome! It changes Civilization 4 into an entirely new and awesome fantasy version with 227 more units than in the original game! It has a big magic system too! OMG its awesome cuz you can play in with randomly-generated worlds endlessly and it has so many options its insane. Good game..

Meanwhile standing before going into Act III of the NWN OC, I found out while reading in an exhibition catalogue about ancient Greek colonies, that there were the "Lukans" or "Lukanians" living in south-italy. They had somthing to do with the colony-town of Tarent.

The spelling of the name of these people is different in the English language, though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucanians

Tarent = Taranto : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Taranto

Playing The Witcher: Price of Neutrality.

Really liking it - the music around Kaher Moren is very reminiscent of the Gothic 'exploring' music, and the mine infested with Kikimores also reminds me of the Gothic caves with their Minecrawlers.

Kikimore ?

"One Kiki ?"
"More !"

Still in the middle of The Witcher. But as I now have 15 minutes (tops) of gaming time daily, I find that Mark of Chaos is just great - at the rate of one mission per session. (Most of the missions - up to now - seem to have been designed with 15 minutes of playing time in mind.) I'm replaying the game; I certainly like it more than it deserves... perhaps mainly due to PnP nostalgia.
And the addon is coming up... mixed feelings here, though I'll probably end up buying it and letting it collect dust for a while - no time...

You think you're slow? I'm still playing Gothic 3!!! Although in my defense I've taken a very long break from it to play other games.
Gothic 3? I think my char made it just outside the gate of the starting village ;). I plan to revisit that one some time after I will have finished The Witcher.

But I'm not only playing The Witcher at the moment. On my laptop, which cannot handle many of these newfangled games, I play Galactic Civlizations II when I'm away and have long waiting periods, just like yesterday night. It's nice that, officially, it doesn't need the CD to run. So I play it, although I'm not a big strategy nut.

I'm playing the flash game Burn The Rope. Lots of fun!

But I can't get past the first boss. Walkthroughs didn't help either. Can anyone help me?

Ah I've passed it! It's really a short game! Just try to get fire by touthing the torches on the stages. Use "Up" key to jump! Try again, wish you good luck!:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom