Skyrim - Map Revealed

A translated version of the map can be found right here.

what do you think those little "x" represent on the map? Old battle sites?

I've at least counted 15 crossess.

My guess is they are shrine locations.

Oblivion had 15 Daedric Shrines.

In this same RPGWatch news post there was a link to new screenshots including one depicting a shrine ot Azura:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/10/batch-of-new-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-screenshots/skyrrim/

The size of the statue has gone up a notch.

I think the idea is that seeing as Daedra worship is not accepted by the empire, someone has annonated the shrine locations on the official map with crosses, because naming them would out him/her as daedra worshipper.

Although it is possible they are locations of other types of shrines (Nordic) or even those stones that give you a boost, like in the video where they were the Warrior, Thief and Mage stone.

Meh, I knew what Skyrim looked like back when Arena released, and the map of the whole world was given in the box!

Damnit Bethesda, show us the PC ver already…

I was kind of hoping for Soltsheim. Oh well.

Isn't Riverwood that tiny little village with half a dozen wooden cots we've seen in the previews?

There's 7 of those and then just 5 "cities"? That's it? Sounds like it's going to be even emptier than oblivion.

Pretty bad map, not much better than Oblivion. Bring back Morrowind's map style please!

I Agree with yu kalniel, nevertheless, it gets me all excited !

I didn't see a Riverwood on that map and I counted 15 settlements 5 cities, 3 towns, and 7 villages.

Heh, a lot of marketing hype, all these (exponentially growing) pieces of information as we approach release date. Reminds me of the release of WOW.Cataclysm.

I love it.

says pibbur who'd like to remain himself and everyone else that he has stopped playing WOW.

C:celebrate:on:celebrate:gra:celebrate:tul:celebrate:atio:celebrate:ns Pibbur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intereting this made me find a bug in the forum software the :celebrate : should be a smiley….

Oooooh, wolf-clan, bear-clan and horsemen! Now we have all the stereotypical communities from G3 and LotR combined. Exciting … not.

Of all the standard crpg-landscapes (woodlands, jungle, desert, snowy) the snow-areas I always found to be the most boring ones, by a big margin. How they could make a whole game around it is beyond me. Well maybe it's just personal taste.

Of all the standard crpg-landscapes (woodlands, jungle, desert, snowy) the snow-areas I always found to be the most boring ones, by a big margin. How they could make a whole game around it is beyond me. Well maybe it's just personal taste.

Snow can be beautiful. Icewind Dale was beautiful, snow in Daggerfall was relatively beautiful. But it can be bad as well - like Oblivion's snowy areas. I fear the worst in that respect, but we'll see.

IWD & Daggerfall was 2D, Oblivion is 3D. Notice something ?

By the way, the x reminds me of "x is where the treasure is" … Maybe there's (again) an artifact to be assembled ? Pieces to be found ?

Nothing special.Im more excited with what SUREAI will do with that space.

Snow can be beautiful. Icewind Dale was beautiful, snow in Daggerfall was relatively beautiful. But it can be bad as well - like Oblivion's snowy areas. I fear the worst in that respect, but we'll see.

Right. Fallout's Ancorage was really hard to look at without getting eye cancer though. Or maybe it was just the quest.

Pretty dull map. I know it would require actually putting in some effort, but it would have been nice if they'd listened to people and made it even a bit more Morrowindish.

And I do hope they've got lots of non-snowy areas. A few could be alright, but snow-lands are only slightly better than water-levels in games.

Back
Top Bottom