Legend of Grimrock - Preorders Open

Dhruin

SasqWatch
As per the previous newsbit, you can now preorder Legend of Grimrock from GOG.com or direct from Almost Human. The preorder is discounted 20%, for a price of $11.99, and the release date is April 11th.
Legend of Grimrock is a dungeon crawling role playing game with an oldschool heart but a modern execution. A group of prisoners are sentenced to certain death by exiling them to the secluded Mount Grimrock for vile crimes they may or may not have committed. Unbeknownst to their captivators, the mountain is riddled with ancient tunnels, dungeons and tombs built by crumbled civilizations long perished now. If they ever wish to see daylight again and reclaim their freedom the ragtag group of prisoners must form a team and descend through the mountain, level by level.

The game brings back the oldschool challenge with highly tactical real-time combat and grid-based movement, devious hidden switches and secrets as well as deadly traps and horrible monsters. Legend of Grimrock puts an emphasis on puzzles and exploration and the wits and perception of the player are more important tools than even the sharpest of swords could be. And if you are a hardened dungeon crawling veteran and you crave an extra challenge, you can arm yourself with a stack of grid paper and turn on the Oldschool Mode which disables the luxury of the automap! Are you ready to venture forth and unravel the mysteries of Mount Grimrock?
More information.

Last edited:
One of the most anticipated indie RPGs for me, in my favourite digital purchase platform, no DRM and only 12$. As soon as I saw the Legend of Grimrock name on the page, I preordered it and checked out immediately. I was thinking gog can be a great platform for indie RPGs, now it becomes true. My only complaint is new system completely massed up my gog digital shelf. I have to arrange my games again.

I'd love to know which option gives the devs the most money.

It's a little earlier than I expected, but I'm not going to complain. I am very excite.

I thought that purchasing directly from them would give them the most money but you just end up with a Steam key. So be aware that GOG is the way to go for the stand-alone DRM-free executable.

I thought that purchasing directly from them would give them the most money but you just end up with a Steam key. So be aware that GOG is the way to go for the stand-alone DRM-free executable.

I would say that it is quite clearly shown on site: it writes "Comes with the steam key" below the buy directly button, while GOG button has "Standalone installer".

Gimme gimme gimme.

Ordered. Is it april yet?

Last edited:
Instabuy.

Pre-ordered.

Now I need to wait for April to come.

Good decision to have more than one channel of distribution.
Pre-ordered it, of course. :)

Preorder isn't working. Too many people in my way. Get outa my way! :)

Pooey, I have to wait until I get home from work to preorder.

Some pretty nice extras included with the game via GOG! The map & game world seem pretty large for an indie game (especially at this price).

I bought at GoG, because mainly I want to play it in one of my PCs which don't have Steam client installed.
But that's the big difference between Steam and GoG version, DRM-Free.
All the extras come also with the Steam version.

Cool! Will preorder from GOG once I get home. It's cheaper than I expected and comes with a nice set of extras, too. Instabuy, definitely!

I read one of the extras is a pdf/jpg of an aged sheet of graph paper (pretending to be parchement or something) to print for those who want to map by hand and in style. Heh! Nice idea. However, I think I'll use the automap. Not hardcore enough to be mapping by hand anymore. (But I'm not all "softcore" yet. I can still do handwritten notes for games without complaining... much.)

Back
Top Bottom