Wasteland 2 - Interview @ VG247

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Fargo's Wonderful Apocalypse is an interview at VG247 on Wasteland 2. It's a pretty good conversation and worth a look but let's take an early quote on the current progress:
VG247: It’s been a while since Wasteland 2 surpassed its funding goals. What stage of development are you at currently?
Brian Fargo: Right now, we are tracking really well on the development of Wasteland 2. By the end of October, we will be wrapping up all of the level designs. At that point, we’re going to do a full script run-through to make sure there aren’t any holes that were missed. We’ll then continue on with full production.
In the mean time, we are also implementing many of the core systems into the game. We currently have prototypes of the overhead map, combat, attribute, skill systems as well as full party movement. We’ve started scripting and creating task lists of all tools we will need to deliver the experience we want.
Do you have a final plan for the scale of the overhead map?
The world is certainly much larger than we had originally anticipated. Our first design was set up when we were hoping to get $1,000,000 to make the game, but we ended up clearing more than $3 million.
There are currently over 15 main areas that the player can visit along with many smaller maps that they can explore. All of this content is highly re-playable as well. I feel very comfortable saying that no two people will experience the same story on a play-through. It is a very ambitious design from a cause and effect point of view.
More information.

I'm now getting a copy of Wasteland 2 with my tier of Project Eternity. Maybe I should start to read about the game. ;)

Back
Top Bottom