Dishonored - The Rise of Dishonored Documentary

A nice complement to NoClip's recent documentary - I think it didn't make the news here, back in May. They also did shorter documentaries on Prey.

Really loved Dishonored, one of the very few games for which I bought several DLC. The combination of stealth, freedom, play style and Viktor Antonov's design was exceptional.

A nice complement to NoClip's recent documentary - I think it didn't make the news here, back in May. They also did shorter documentaries on Prey.

Really loved Dishonored, one of the very few games for which I bought several DLC. The combination of stealth, freedom, play style and Viktor Antonov's design was exceptional.
It was posted on my news thread. As I love their documentary's. :p

As for Dishonored yeah it was a unique game that combined many genres into one fun-park experience. To bad the sequels sold worse and put the series on ice.

Their latest game Deathloop has some Dishonored vibes but it's not the same.

Last edited:
It was posted on my news thread. As I love their documentary's. :p
Ouch, my bad, I've been lazy and just followed the handy game tags. Yeah, I've seen you were quite busy there! :)

They've got awesome documentaries. I hope they survive, it's been ups and downs but somehow NoClip seems to manage.

Bill Will seems to have interesting videos too, I just didn't know them.
As for Dishonored yeah it was a unique game that combined many genres into one fun-park expedience. To bad the sequels sold worse and put the series on ice.

Their latest game Deathloop has some Dishonored vibes but it's not the same.
Ah, I don't know that one, will check it out. I'm really curious about Weird West, see what Raphael will come up with in his new adventure. It must have been the hardest decision.

I've yet to play a game from Arkane that I didn't enjoy, and I've played them all except for Dishonored 2.

I've seen people complain that Dishonored isn't Thief, but I think they missed the point.

Ah, I don't know that one, will check it out. I'm really curious about Weird West, see what Raphael will come up with in his new adventure. It must have been the hardest decision.
Yeah weird west sounds like a good game, but it uses the over the top camera/slanted isometric view, I personally hate, but who knows I might end up enjoying it.

It's wild! No reload heh?

Little complement, here Raphael elaborates the transition to WolfEye a little, and the choices and motivations behind Weird West.

Re: Deathloop, I'm not convinced by the idea of being limited in time. That's another type of progression, a little bit like the trial and error exploration in a Hitman mission. If done right, it could be interesting though, wait and see.

I've seen people complain that Dishonored isn't Thief, but I think they missed the point.
I have a lot of respect for both series, and it's an interesting comparison, but indeed, they must be misguided.

I have a lot of respect for both series, and it's an interesting comparison, but indeed, they must be misguided.

I also enjoyed both, but some people seem to be hung up on the fact that the stealth isn't as good in Dishonored. An odd view imo since stealth was really your only option in Thief.

I did. Not enjoy.
Prey.
Yuck.
I didn't either only because it never interested me enough to play. I did play the original back in the day, but that was a different kind of game. Mostly a shooter game.

I also enjoyed both, but some people seem to be hung up on the fact that the stealth isn't as good in Dishonored. An odd view imo since stealth was really your only option in Thief.
Hm, by reading my comment again, it may have come as sarcastic, it wasn't - just to avoid misinterpretation.

The two series may have features in common, perhaps not in the story, but stealth obviously, the choice of killing or not, the mix of odd technology and early-industrial world, ... But as you said, Thief only had stealth and tried to restrain the player to realistic options, if a bit exaggerated sometimes, where Dishonored didn't hesitate to push it way further and to open the possibilities to the player. It really has evolved into a new coherent style of its own.

I thought Prey was great. What didn't you like about it?
I was curious about that too (I haven't played it yet).

I was curious about that too (I haven't played it yet).
Well I can't speak for Joxer but for me personally it was the setting and story. Both never caught my interest and by the time I got around to playing I read to many spoilers.

I see. I was rather skeptical with the "possess" feature thing, but otherwise it seemed decent, but nothing really attracts me either.
Ah well, maybe in another life, when there's more time to play all those games :)

I see. I was rather skeptical with the "possess" feature thing, but otherwise it seemed decent, but nothing really attracts me either.
Ah well, maybe in another life, when there's more time to play all those games :)

If you like immersive sims, Prey is a must-play imo. Not sure what you're referring to when you say possess feature though.

If you like immersive sims, Prey is a must-play imo. Not sure what you're referring to when you say possess feature though.
Perhaps it's not possess, but transform into any object? I saw a gameplay in which things were going a bit crazy with the player controlling a can, a box, ... They already had something similar in Dishonored, but limited to animals.

Perhaps it's not possess, but transform into any object? I saw a gameplay in which things were going a bit crazy with the player controlling a can, a box, … They already had something similar in Dishonored, but limited to animals.

Ah yes, the mimic ability. It doesn't allow you to transform into any object. There are specific things you can mimic depending on what level the ability is.

If you ever end up playing the game, I recommend getting at least the first tier of that ability because it allows you to access some areas that you otherwise wouldn't be able to reach.

Back
Top Bottom