Non-Political Happy News.

Some of us don't give a fuck for the welfare of the masses as long as they get a few $$ at their expense.

Bahaha!

Well you can continue to live in doom and gloom. Some of us are enjoying life without the abject fear and misery.

You can bet if the market stayed the same or dropped in 2017 would be on the front page of every major newspage with quotes on how relevant to the world ending.

If it bleeds it leads! :)

Well, I thought this topic was going to be somewhat political, but I'm kind of surprised it got so acrimonious so quickly!

The market going up in general is not political but the US market going up in 2017 is political because it is due to risky selfish policies that is causing the short term rapid rise.

Well, I thought this topic was going to be somewhat political, but I'm kind of surprised it got so acrimonious so quickly!

Oh, I'd say any discussion of the market inherently has a political aspect. I'm just surprised this got so feisty so fast! The title vs the actual contents of the thread remind me of Happy Tree Friends :p

Last edited:
The market going up in general is not political but the US market going up in 2017 is political because it is due to risky selfish policies that is causing the short term rapid rise.

Please make your political speculations on the market somewhere else. I've kindly provided the chart in the above link in case you get lost. It contains multiple years so you can speculate about many different people if you so choose.

Some of us don't give a fuck for the welfare of the masses as long as they get a few $$ at their expense.

I'm sorry the stock market (index funds in particular) offends you. I'm also sorry that you believe whether it goes up or down, somehow its linked to screwing over the masses. I've PMd you several good recommendations of articles and a couple light books from non-political reputable sources that would explain the market concept to you.

Gentlemen, PLEASE!! I do not moderate this particular forum, so I have no power here, but I can see Jaz tossing over to me in P&R once she reads it. Life is way too short to be getting your knickers into such a knot over what was originally meant to be a non-political happy post!! No wonder the world is in the mess it is!!!! Most of you, need to GROW UP!!

Thank you, Corwin. After this bout of self-censorship, the thread can remain where it is at ... for now. But if y'all don't play nice, I'll send it to P&R after all.

Or just delete all the junk :)

Or just delete all the junk :)

That would be awesome.
I'd like to keep a thread politic free rather than creating another. Either way works tho.
I'm sure Jaz doesnt feel like babysitting.

All the unnecessary hysteria not withstanding, I do still think there is a fundamental problem in expecting to discuss capital returns and the performance of the labour market, and requiring the discussion to be non-political. As soon as one starts to unpack or question what's behind the figures (which seems a pretty reasonable thing to do), surely politics comes into play. I mean, otherwise we might as well just make the OP an announcement, and lock the thread. Or, what is the acceptable range of discussion on the topic?

More good news and non-scary statistics.

Global child death since 1990 has been cut in half.
Largely attributed to increased health awareness, reduction of malaria & access to drinking water.

Charts are from some of the highest child mortality countries which are getting better every single year.
w4mMkkQ.png

Even Niger, which holds the record for worst statistic for the last 40 years has drastically improved.
i4JgVA5.png

PS. Graphs have 1 male, 1 female but are virtually identical. To save image uploading put one each. Worldwide decreases but only included a few charts of the most improved (but still the highest mortality). Source document can be found at IHME.

15 year visual charts.
hJIdbQf.png

Red is bad.
Purple is least bad.
White is best.

qbtiiro.png

m13bUhj.png

Back
Top Bottom