General News - New Fable Game

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
According to Eurogamer a new Fable Game is in development:

Sources: Microsoft plots Fable return

Less than two years after shutting down Lionhead.

Work is underway on a brand new, big-budget Fable game, Eurogamer can reveal.

Fable franchise owner Microsoft has tasked UK developer Playground, which makes the Forza Horizon racing games for Xbox and PC, with creating this new Fable, sources close to the project have told Eurogamer. Microsoft said in a statement it does not comment on rumour or speculation.

We've heard the new Fable is planned as a story and character-focussed open-world action RPG. A significant investment in its development is also planned, with some 200 people set to work on the game at Playground's newly-established second office in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.

The fantasy world of Albion is set to live once again.

Don't expect to play this new Fable any time soon, however. We've heard it's early days in terms of development, with Playground currently staffing up the team from double digits to its triple digit target.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Oh, no. Screw Fable. Fable 3 was one of the worst RPGs I've ever played.

Microsoft closed the studio (Lionhead) that made Fable series in April 2016 so chance are this new game, if it exist, won't have much in commons with its predecessors.

I could definitely use another charming fairy tale style CRPG - but the name alone doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

I've tried playing Fable 3 two times and abandoned it. The atmosphere, humor and art style just doesn't work for me.
With another studio developing the game there ight indeed be a little hope that it'll suit me better.

I've tried playing Fable 3 two times and abandoned it. The atmosphere, humor and art style just doesn't work for me.
With another studio developing the game there ight indeed be a little hope that it'll suit me better.

Have you tried the first one? It's a lot better. There's a remastered version out that's worth checking out, unless you really don't like the fairy tale approach.

This is one game I hope they keep as a Xbone Xclusive, keep it from poluting other game systems like the PC.

Why? Does it in anyway affect your appreciation of games or other software you like?

pibbur who for the record wasn't thrilled by the first fable.

All I remember from the first Fable is atrocious consoley rubbish menus.
I'd rather sleep inside of Iron Maiden than play a game with that crap again.

I watched about 10 min of my son running around farting and kicking chickens and decided it wasn’t for me.

Even back then my backlog was so big that if a game made a bad first impression I didn’t really give it a chance to redeem itself.

The farting and silly antics is really a small part of the game that doesn't represent the overall experience. The story is a charming classical fairy tale - and the combat/progression is actually pretty good.

It also has a nice variety of environments and such.

Not a great game - but a nice little experience that can be bought for peanuts these days.

I stuck a whole bunch of peanuts into my pc and the game never showed!

I played the original. I never tried part 3, but I also thought it was a decently done (if at the time overrated) action rpg. Its a bit shallow, but it does have a charming atmosphere.

Cool. How would you rate it compared to the first?

I personally prefer the first one - but objectively they're at least equal.

Both are worth playing for sure, as long as you don't expect too much of them.

Back
Top Bottom