Your Top 3 anticipated games

1. Broken Roads- I'm loving everything I've seen about this post-apocalyptic cRPG. Seems to be a nice blend of TB tactical combat and moral / narrative choices (with a novel focus on philosophy that seems a lot more interesting than a binary good vs. evil alignment we usually see in RPGs).

2. Colony Ship RPG- since I enjoyed AoD and there's relatively few sci-fi cRPGs I'm very much looking forward to this. From the feedback others have given on the EA, it sounds like they're addressing many of AoD's shortcomings, too.

3. Sacred Fire- I must say I still don't fully understand exactly what the gameplay will be like. I've been avoiding watching recent video updates in full to avoid possible spoilers. It seems to further blur the lines between interactive novel and RPG, which is fine by me as long as the choices actually matter.

Honorable Mentions: Expeditions: Rome, Solasta, SKALD, Pathfinder: WotR, Mechajammer

Isn't that much farther away than 1-2 years?

I should think so.

I wouldn't expect it earlier than 3 years after Starfield at best.

Starfield looks very likely to come out late 2022 - so my personal estimate would be 2026.

Hard to choose only 3, but in that case it would be

1. Baldur's Gate 3
2. Solasta: Crown of the Magister + other future campaigns in the Solasta setting
3. Starfield

Many honorable mentions, such as Colony Ship, the new Pathfinder, Encased, or even a possible new Fire Emblem game, since I loved Three kingdoms, but all at a clear gap from the top three. Somewhere behind that I'm curious about trying games like Elex 2, Diablo 4 or Gamedec, although I have no expectations built for them. Which usually is a good thing, because there is a lot of room to be positively surprised.

PS: I reckon the new TES is easily 5 years away, as Bethesda only ever works in one game at a time and it's still a while for Starfield to release.

1. Baldur’s Gate 3 - like many others, waiting for full release (and excited it will be playable for Mac on day of release).
2. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 - sure this will be a clusterf(*& or a sh!tsh0w and might not even hit in 2021 … but I am still absolutely there for it (plus I am an idiot and pre-ordered so I already own the festering pile of garbage!)
3. Elex 2 - have not looked at even the smallest news bits on this, but know it is coming at some point (and others are referencing it), and after replaying much of the Gothic & Risen series and Elex last year … totally ready!

Isn't that much farther away than 1-2 years?

I just read the header not the actual post :D 90% of the time, I'm working in SAP or some other app when I pull up the forum. Even if I read the posts, I just barely get the gist and may not reply until an hour or two after I read it. It's probably uncommon that I actually reply to something I've just read.

The 2000 hours I have in Skyrim can't light a candle to the 20,000 I probably have in SAP/Outlook/Teams (Skype, Lync, Zoom), and other business apps :(

The 2000 hours I have in Skyrim can't light a candle to the 20,000 I probably have in SAP/Outlook/Teams (Skype, Lync, Zoom), and other business apps :(

I can't even fathom having that many hours in one game. Even with mods, I would have burned out a long time ago. :)

in no particular order:

kenshi 2
elex 2
age of fear 5

:)

Well, it is over 10 years of replays. I probably have similar if not more hours in MM7/MM8/MM3 and a few others. I basically only played crpgs and absolutely nothing else until the survival genre got going. Also, almost 100% fantasy. While I'll play the occasional Deus Ex, Prey, or System Shock they are outliers for me. I like playing mages and/or blobbers with lots of magic :)

Nowadays though, it's Long Dark/7 days to die/Homeworld/Valheim, etc. I'm sure I'll play Starfield but I won't play it like Skyrim. If they ever make a survival game with Skyrim level of graphics it'll sell a ton. I thought Conan Exiles would be that game but it's missing several pieces to make for a game that keeps the interest. Maybe Valheim 2 or even Valheim if they did a complete engine makeover.

Ooh! Valheim could possibly be on my most anticipated list but I think those guys are already coasting on the money they made. They had 7 Days to Die type success and it went to their heads.

Comparing game hours to work hours should usually be around that ratio, shouldn't it? That's what, easily 40-50 hours for normal weeks, for a tenth of that of gaming the weekend? On average, I mean. But I'd rather have 1 hour in Skyrim than 10 in SAP, for all its charm and user-friendliness ;)
Nowadays though, it's Long Dark/7 days to die/Homeworld/Valheim, etc. I'm sure I'll play Starfield but I won't play it like Skyrim. If they ever make a survival game with Skyrim level of graphics it'll sell a ton. I thought Conan Exiles would be that game but it's missing several pieces to make for a game that keeps the interest. Maybe Valheim 2 or even Valheim if they did a complete engine makeover.

Ooh! Valheim could possibly be on my most anticipated list but I think those guys are already coasting on the money they made. They had 7 Days to Die type success and it went to their heads.
Valheim seems to be a great game to play in coop, I've read very good feedback from Purple.

I don't ever co-op but I like it pretty well.

I played Valheim in coop, mostly had fun building stuff and experimenting with mods. The game feels quite shallow and limited to me in general to be fair, at least without getting a few good mods to get past it.

I did enjoy how sailing is done though, quite an unique experience.

Dying Light 2 - played the first through twice, inc. DLC (second time in LAN co-op), like what I see in the previews.
Elex 2 - I liked the first more than PB's earlier games. Yes, I'm that guy.
Bloodlines 2 - if it ever turns up.

That's another one I'm looking forward to a lot. Did you see the new footage they streamed this week?
If you mean the new official gameplay trailer, yep, and I was very pleased with what I saw. :thumbsup:

I don't antocipate games anymore, because most of them don't meet my taste.

However, i supported the new Kingmaker game and bought the Naheulbeuk Season Pass.
And that's so what I'm waiting for.

Ah, and, yes, Biomutant. I'll buy that game sooner or later.

Skyrim is far more enjoyable than SAP in my opinion. I don't understand the logic behind SAP at all. Like many other business applications, it is not intuitive, not user friendly and has a user interface that looks like it is 30 years old. If a game or any office application would look like that, it would be laughed at. Fortunately I know people in my organization who claim to know a lot about SAP, so I just ask them :)

Back
Top Bottom