Aarklash: Legacy - New GamesCom Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Cyanide released a new gameplay trailer from GamesCom 2013. We get a glimpse of how adventurers can customize their skills, and experiment with different tactics and strategies.

Venture into the fantasy world of Aarklash and discover the fate of the last mercenary "Wheel Swords." Customize skills, experiment with different tactics and strategies, and collect artifacts to advance on the quest. Ultimately, promote synergy between companions and lift the veil on the odious plot against them.

Aarklash: Legacy will launch on 12th September 2013 on Steam.
More information.

I think this looks intriguing too, its got some pretty good use of real time with pause that could make for some good battles. If it comes with a good story with interesting character development, it would be nice. I don't have high hopes for that part.

It's worth mentioning that they don't push it as an RPG but as a tactical adventure or something along those lines, so it's probably not of large scope beyond a linear story and constant battles. Still, it does look quite good, I'm a big fan of real time with pause. Perhaps it will feel like a(n even more) streamlined Icewind Dale? That could be great.

This actually sounds and looks really cool. Will put it on my radar.

Pretty nice this one. Action packed tactical rpg, count me in. Hope the storyline is strong as the awesome looking battles.

Looks interesting, but I'm gonna wait till someone says if mobs respawn or not.

No interest from me until RPS just described it as a "very difficult Planescape Torment." Here, please take my first born as an offering!

High quality & complex graphics the guys had done with the terrain. Feels like superb looking Dungeon Siege.

Too much numbers, %-s and calculations are shown IMHO. Bad idea on the spell-tree that they are showing - spoilering - what the next spell will be.. These new types of games ruined gameplay with this crap. Bard's Tale III or the Black Isle games were much better in this regard:
- What will my next spell be? Let's wait for the surprise!

Top-notch unit selection circles! Wasteland 2 can learn from this masterful execution.
Spell quick selection is the nicest I ever seen in new games.

Particle effects are good & complex enough.

Spell Tree: It seems the designer guys had fun with this not much fun method. It looks like they built it as a Test-tool, not for fun.. This could have looked/worked a lot cooler. (Scribbling notes to my own GD docs.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njq9DNTkIkk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU3kZ_QcjJgAPen57Xwwcj4g

Last edited:
Strange....nobody have said "another diablo clone" yet?

They talked up the tactical side of combat, so if they deliver, it will be well clear of Diablo territory. I've no interest Diablo clones, but I'm keeping it on my radar, for now at least.

Back
Top Bottom