General News - Upcoming RPG / Adventure Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do. :rolleyes:

I think we know where we stand. Thanks for trying to undermine your fellow team members in public, like a champ.

I think we know where we stand. Thanks for trying to undermine your fellow team members in public, like a champ.

Its some sarcasm Ripper. Meant to humour. You should be familiar enough with it as every post of yours is dripping with it. As usual you deal it out but can't take it back.

Supporting team members is one thing but blindly agreeing with them is another. I appreciate this is a tough job to do so don't take my disagreement here the wrong way. I appreciate the thought you put into your posts.

Its some sarcasm Ripper. You should be familiar enough with it as every post of yours is dripping with it. As usual you deal it out but can't take it back.

Yeah, yeah. I'm sure Redglyph really appreciates your support. :biggrin: Anyway, this has turned into a spectacle. I really don't give a damn what feces get flung my way, but the point is Redglyph is going to be dealing with fewer of them.

Yeah, yeah. I'm sure Redglyph really appreciates your support. :biggrin: Anyway, this has turned into a spectacle. I really don't give a damn what feces get flung my way, but the point is Redglyph is going to be dealing with fewer of them.

Actually that comment was meant for you not Redglyph. Seriously through. Am I allowed to humour you sometimes without you interpreting it so wrong. Seems to be lost in translation. Whatever, you do you. Maybe try having the best possible interpretation. Works for me :)

All the comments have commented on the post not the poster. I'm failing to see an issue here. I'll agree to disagree but this sort of thing seems to be becoming a pattern here.

Blatantly untrue. Lackblogger's post comments directly on Red's decision to include said post, implying bad judgment in doing so.

Your entire approach in this thread is poor form for a poster, terrible form for a moderator. Instead of agreeing with or simply keeping silent about a mild attempt by Ripper to discourage berating Red for doing their job, you've decided to make this thread a soapbox for how you think everyone should receive criticism and "humor." If you're thick skinned, good for you. When you start telling everyone else how to feel, that's another issue.

But you didn't stop there, not even close. You also decided to make this thread an open display of your contempt for a fellow board member and moderator. "Every post of yours is dripping with it." Where did this resentment come from? Can't have started today. I don't find Ripper to be any more sarcastic than the average board member, and considerably less so than many (including me, tbh). And "blindly agreeing"? Maybe she just, you know, actually agrees with Red. That ever occur to you? Again your use of the adjective "blindly" reveals some deep unwarranted hostility.

Maybe you should hang up your moderator hat and just be a poster.

Blatantly untrue. Lackblogger's post comments directly on Red's decision to include said post, implying bad judgment in doing so.

Your entire approach in this thread is poor form for a poster, terrible form for a moderator. Instead of agreeing with or simply keeping silent about a mild attempt by Ripper to discourage berating Red for doing their job, you've decided to make this thread a soapbox for how you think everyone should receive criticism and "humor." If you're thick skinned, good for you. When you start telling everyone else how to feel, that's another issue.

But you didn't stop there, not even close. You also decided to make this thread an open display of your contempt for a fellow board member and moderator. "Every post of yours is dripping with it." Where did this resentment come from? Can't have started today. I don't find Ripper to be any more sarcastic than the average board member, and considerably less so than many (including me, tbh). And "blindly agreeing"? Maybe she just, you know, actually agrees with Red. That ever occur to you? Again your use of the adjective "blindly" reveals some deep unwarranted hostility.

Maybe you should hang up your moderator hat and just be a poster.

I didn't take Lackblogger's post that way at all. Suggestions for focusing on different content are fine imo.

I expressed my opinion. I didn't tell other people how to feel about things. Sorry if you took it that way.

Telling Ripper he is often sarcastic is just an observation. I meant no more or less by it. Although I'll admit I got a bit testy.

When I said I don't want to appear to blindly agree I meant just that. Its good for there to be disagreements from time to time.

Just to clarify. I'm not a moderator just a news poster.

Please don't project hostile intentions onto me. I don't hate Ripper or anyone else on this forum. I am apparently not very good at not being blunt for which I apologise.

I think Silver is a very good news poster. They have been here for a long time, and from what I've seen, they have always behaved in a respectable manner.

Generally, I don't think people who are thin-skinned should be news posters or moderators, that is not a suitable job for thin-skinned folk, in my humble opinion.

There is a sense of "lee-way" that has to be allowed in those types of "jobs" , if you will.

If you want to allow for a good, free flowing type atmosphere in the comments, that is.

I don't think redglyph is thin-skinned, from what I have seen so far, so I am not criticizing them here. That said, I don't think people should be directly attacking news posters, but obviously it can be a fine line, if someone says this list is "shit", then to me, that is not attacking the poster, it just is giving their (somewhat colorful) opinion of what they think of a game list.

Just wanted to chime in, my 2 cents.

What a soap opera lol, for me that is a shit list and wrong as well since he called it TOP and he also puts shooters, and im talking about the youtuber ofc, dont know why the poster took it personally.

It's a lot more fuss than it needed to be. I'm saying that without our news posters, there is no RPGWatch, so let's cut them a break. And if people are going to make a nuisance of themselves, it's going to be clean up on aisle 5. That's it.

Thank you.

I don't get why you are taking this personal? People are/were attacking the "shit list" by that YouTuber and NOT your news post.
I'm not really taking that personally, I sure hope for them those posters aren't that desperate.

What I don't like, be that here or in other threads, is completely unconstructive harsh comment or baiting. This youtuber is quite good but he likes various games, some you may like, some not, it's a question of personal taste.

I'm open to criticism but let's make it decent at least, constructive suggestions are always welcome. A post is an opportunity to discuss; there are other posters here who expressed their opinion like adults, and that's fine, it allows me to better understand what they like or don't like. But writing it's a shitty post that doesn't belong or implying I'm a fool for posting this will get us nowhere.

I'm not paid to do this, I do it to help the team. And subscribers aren't paying to sit comfortably in those forums while others maintain it and try to find articles to entertain them.

I don't get why you add so many to your ignore list….I'm pretty sure I'm on there just because I disagreed with you.

You are totally within your rights, but I prefer to state my objections instead of taking my ball and going home. Then again I think you can't even see this.
So many? Did you count them? ;)

I'm not sure about you but I'm coming here to have a good time, not to fight with others or argue in vain.

If someone starts baiting at you or gets on your nerve, and their posts aren't that interesting to you to begin with, it's simply the best course of action. I don't do that often.

I'm guilty of sometimes calling a newspost "irrelevant", but when I do so, I do not mean to say the post shouldn't have happened, it's mostly because I disagree with the opinion of the post itself and I want to subtract value from it. It's not a case of the news poster shouldn't post that, more a case of "I don't agree with its views/opinions, and so I'd like to discredit it".

The only news I despise seeing are politics/social related posts that invite types of people and opinions that I do not want to experience in my day to day life, in the front page, or those that have to do with mobile/trash games that prey on addiction, but after my leave, I've been checking now and then and saw those have been cut off. Particularly, I saw no mention of the Blizzard controversy, which I was glad for, and made me feel safe to return.

In general, however, if you post something, expect people to have opinions about it, and accept that they may not be what you'd like to hear. You have a unique power which is conveying your favoured messages to a community, a privilege to push your chosen views or articles in the face of an audience - then you have to accept when the audience lashes back, because that is their only means to exercise their own very limited power of divulgation.

You can always censor the audiences that are not receptive to your message, too, but then this would be a different kind of site.

Yeah it's pretty strange list but hey thanks for sharing @Redglyph.

Anyway most don't interest me but Guardians of the Galaxy does. I remember you shared a link to an article that went in-depth about it only having RPG elements.

Still it has my interest.:)
I have to try out-there stuff sometimes, though in this case it's not so alien. Even if it's a strange mix, I thought a few of the entries may interest some of you.

I didn't care much for the initial ad on monitor TBH, I think he could have put that into a separate video given the length of it :-/ That's why I collected the names of the game and included the timestamps here.

In general, however, if you post something, expect people to have opinions about it, and accept that they may not be what you'd like to hear. You have a unique power which is conveying your favoured messages to a community, a privilege to push your chosen views or articles in the face of an audience - then you have to accept when the audience lashes back, because that is their only means to exercise their own very limited power of divulgation.
As I said, I don't mind opinions. But if someone cannot express themselves like a normal person, I certainly won't hesitate to give my own opinion on that. ;) It's not as if I owed anyone anything, really, I'm not doing that for my own interest.

As I said, I don't mind opinions. But if someone cannot express themselves like a normal person, I certainly won't hesitate to give my own opinion on that. ;) It's not as if I owed anyone anything, really, I'm not doing that for my own interest.

You say that, but generally you will post more newsbits about topics that interest you, or views that align with yours, hence validating your opinions by exposing that there are published opinions like yours. I don't mean "you" as if singling you out, I mean it in the general meaning of "you". You, me, they, anyone will do that, even the most professional, self-proclaimed objective press.

In a nutshell, that gives you a privilege and in a way it is your own interest, maybe not in every news post, but in a good number of them. I haven't seen a negative opinion about PF:WotR posted a newsbit, for example, I only saw summaries of favourable scores. The only negative article I saw was posted by a user.

You keep in mind, it's your power, your privilege. Those who read have their own privilege, much more limited, to respond in that same thread, with but a tiny fraction of the visibility that your messages get.

The only news I despise seeing are politics/social related posts that invite types of people and opinions that I do not want to experience in my day to day life, in the front page, or those that have to do with mobile/trash games that prey on addiction, but after my leave, I've been checking now and then and saw those have been cut off.

I would just point out that nothing has been cut off, and you were actually extremely rude yourself at the point of your leaving. Had you not left at that point, I would have addressed that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom