Pricewatch tool

LuckyCarbon

RollPGs
I know about the pricewatch thread in the general chat, but that's a lot to go through. How about an official price watch tool on the homepage?

A simple table layout with game, website, expiration date, price.

So something like:
HoMM5................gogamer.com.....March 30th 5pm.....$10
Elemental............impulse..............new listing.............$50
Fallout3:GOTY.....steam.................price change..........$40

Better yet, show the lowest available price but have the game name linked to expand to all known prices for that game from each site. That way if a game catches your eye but you refuse to buy from xyz.com, you can see the price on other sites quickly.

One option would be for registered users to submit links that just keeps track of any recent price changes or current deals. For deals ask for an expiration date and filter to only currently available. Have price changes fall off the list after 2 weeks.

If you wanted to get really fancy, instead of user submitted content you could write a cron that goes to each website and parses the RPG listings page ( ex: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?genre=RPG&category1=998 ) and keep track of each game and it's current price and automatically display updates in the table. I do stuff like that for work occasionally, parsing through our competitors websites, dropping it in a db then breaking down the data to hand to marketing. :) If you're really lucky, some sites have RSS feeds of their products, makes it easy.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm not sure collecting bargains is a service we want to spend time on. ;)

When I go into the MMO forum, the multi-quote button doesn't have any text it in. The button still works and highlights if you mouse over it, but not text. I hit F5 just to make sure it wasn't a local thing. Using dark template, yellow text.

Oops, that was meant for the sticky thread. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom