Risen 2 Risen 2 (not performance!) bugs

I'll try that, thanks!

This really should have been in R2 spoilers forum - - - however…

This Garcia quest is completed by sheer gameplay, there is no bug, voodoo is not a pre-requisite (as an inquisition supporter)
…………………………………………………
1. locate and talk to Angus and he will explain about Corrientes, then leave Angus where you found him.

2. Locate and speak to Corrientes without any aggression then come away, return to the inquisition commander at the dock who will declare Corrientes is Garcia, Scarpetta being his henchman. (if by one of two dialogue choices you take Angus to Garcia he will be shot to silence him)

3. You can also take Bone as a follower back to ship (before talking to Garcia)

4. Make your way back to Angus and tell him to follow you, take him back to port.

5. Now take a suitable follower (eg: Patty) and return to Garcia and confront him with the new dialogue.

6. This part is critical. By game intention, a fight will break but you need to defeat both Garcia and Scarpetta *without leaving the hut* do not exit as natives as well as any Garcia cohorts will attack - - -> you will NOT be attacked by natives etc' if you stay inside the Garcia hut!

7. After looting the bodies of Garcia and Scarpetta, transpose from *within the hut* to anywhere safe (eg: port)

8. As has been mentioned previously in this thread, talk to the remote shamen, then complete 'the blood of the ancestors' quest and return with the result to the shamen, then locate the native tribal leader who at first refuses to believe when explaining Corrientes has fooled the natives. This, and only this last part involving convincing the *native tribal leader* will result in all natives in returning to a non-aggressive state.

Regards
Wulf

Last edited:
6. This part is critical. By game intention, a fight will break but you need to defeat both Garcia and Scarpetta *without leaving the hut* do not exit as natives as well as any Garcia cohorts will attack - - -> you will NOT be attacked by natives etc' if you stay inside the Garcia hut!

Regards
Wulf

I'm sorry, but that was not my experience. I didn't leave the hut, but my henchmen always maneuvered so that he did, or people saw him attacking (he used a musket). Every time I tried. Perhaps under some conditions this may have worked, but for me, with my companion choice, I was attacked by everyone, every time. Being forced into a confrontation like that also lacked any subtlety. It also makes no sense that people would ignore you attacking their glorious leader in plain sight - anyone can see what's happening in the hut.

Twice, Patty and i were killed outright, i was even pushed through the hut wall with Garcias blade lashing at me through the hut wall polygons! - I even tried killing the two Garcia henchmen that are outside the hut one at a time luring them away but the natives would follow doing their fanatical summersaults. There had to be another way.

Patty killed Scarpetta while i blocked Garcia for as long as possible (with finger on the grog button) then Patty attacked Garcia, this gave me a few seconds to reposition behind Garcia and land two power attacks plus the killing blow…and never once leaving the hut.

I played for a whole day and did the full quest three times over to be absolutely convinced it was no fluke - it worked every time.

Anyone else give it a try and confirm.

Last edited:
My experience is that the moment Scarpetta attacks the player instead of an NPC, everyone will turn hostile. Garcia is irrelevant. Whether I was inside the hut or not didn't seem to matter, though people might have been in visual range of me even inside the hut - there could be a time of day where noone is in range.

Anyway, the bug isn't really the fight itself - the bug is that you get a quest to go to the shaman to get blood, but the shaman won't even present you with that option if you've discovered who Garcia is.

Also, several people - including Patty and the main character - will refer to Garcia as if he's dead at that point. That's another, minor bug.

The Garcia quest is so obviously bugged OR idiotically designed it's just pointless to try to pretend otherwise; and since I don't think PBs are idiots who'd forget about putting the "not tell Garcia he's actually Garcia the second you see him" option in the game, I'd say the natural choice is "bugged".

I managed to continue with the game thanks to Maylander's suggestions; thank you very much!

I promptly beat it, though. The endgame is not as bad as in Risen 1, but still p. bad. All in all, I don't think I'll be replaying this one anytime soon; in fact, I'll only consider replaying it if there's a complete combat overhaul. The game is 80% combat and it gets in the way rather than give fun; the melee mechanics has been dramatically worsened in comparison with Risen 1.

sophia (port isabella), in xbox 360 version, does not sell rhum or grog!

Things PC users got in the PC patch are not all included in xbox day1 patch. "Roll" move for example is not included. It's possible rum/grog also didn't made in.

The real problem however is that… Deep Silver did not yet decide if there will be another patch for consoles!

The solution? Only reloading a savegame on previous island and buying more rum/grog there in the first place, sorry…

I'm having trouble with the Garcia quest also (playing on the PC). Here is the order of my events:

I saved Angus, led him back to the docks.

I talked with Valdez and the conversation revelas that Garcia = Corrientes

I then talk to the remote shaman who gives me the Blood of the Ancients

I then confront Garcia/Corrientes and a fight breaks out. I kill everyone under Garcia's command, including, Garcia (at the time I thought this was all part of the normal game). The natives are NOT offended and continue to talk with me. I now have all 4 artificats needed to kill Mara.

I make my way past the fire door using the blood of the ancients, into the Hidden Valley, and into the water temple to be greeted by… a big fat nothing. Nothing happens at this point. I get on youtube and find a video where a Let's Play shows Garcia waiting there for you… ugh I think I'm screwed…

I've spent about 2 hours talking to every NPC in the game, on every island to be sure that I simply haven't missed a step somewhere. But despite that effort, I continue to have no main quest to follow and cannot travel to the isle of the dead. Any of you have any ideas?

IIRC you need to talk to the pirate king for the location of the isle of the dead (if sided with musketeers and not natives).

Even though i explained in my first post @ (82) and subsequently asked @ (84) for any other gamer to confirm the sequence - there were no replies.

@TheMadGamer - by confirming that the natives are not offended, then you are on the right track.

Post @ 82 - is very specific and i quote:- *This, and only this last part involving convincing the *native tribal leader* will result in all natives in returning to a non-aggressive state.*

The shaman is *NOT* the tribal leader - the tribal leader lives alone in a hut across a wooden bridge not far from where two natives were having a disagreement.

If you do not speak with this guy the finalisation to the quest sequence will not enable.

Hope this helps - and again i would request confirmation that this works for any other gamer.

@TheMadGamer - by confirming that the natives are not offended, then you are on the right track.

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but somehow I played through quests in a way that glitched my game from working correctly when I found the temple - where the you fight Garcia.

When I got to that temple, nothing happened. I double and triple checked NPCs all over the game world and tried various suggestions from other people on the internet without success.

I ended up losing about 10 hours and restoring to a save game where I first meet Garcia in the tribal camp. I then proceeded very carefully through the quests and everything worked just fine. I finished Risen 2 a few days ago and I very much enjoyed the game.

I think what Wulf was trying to say is that you don't have to fight Garcia at the temple. If you simply kill him in the village, your quest is done and it's all good. Going to the temple at that point is still possible, but not needed, and no events will trigger.

I think what Wulf was trying to say is that you don't have to fight Garcia at the temple. If you simply kill him in the village, your quest is done and it's all good. Going to the temple at that point is still possible, but not needed, and no events will trigger.

I'm not sure about that. At least for me. Because I had no more main quest direciton in my quest log. I had no way to sail to the final game location. I was just sort of stuck with nothing to do and despite talking to every NPC in the game, twice, could not get a new main quest going.

Anyway, no big deal. I replayed a small portion of the game and the 2nd time it all worked ok.

I'm not sure about that. At least for me. Because I had no more main quest direciton in my quest log. I had no way to sail to the final game location. I was just sort of stuck with nothing to do and despite talking to every NPC in the game, twice, could not get a new main quest going.

Are you sure you talked to everyone? Did you try going to Antigua and talking to Admiral Alvarez again? Doing so should have updated the main quest, but if not, then yeah, it was definitely bugged.

Are you sure you talked to everyone? Did you try going to Antigua and talking to Admiral Alvarez again? Doing so should have updated the main quest, but if not, then yeah, it was definitely bugged.

Yes, specifically talked with Alvarez on Antigua. Twice. That was the direction i was given by another person on another forum when I was in the thick of being stuck. I watched a youtube video of the dialog he was supposed to give me. All I would get when I clicked on him was his canned line (can't remember anymore what it was).

I think I managed to perform quests in such a way that perhaps isn't popular and so perhaps isn't known much on the net. But I cannot recall the order in which I did things to explain my situation. I could probably load up a saved game and figure it all out, but I'm too lazy to do that now that I'm all done.

TheMadGamer <--- Is a lazy bastard

Back
Top Bottom