Two Worlds - Reviews @ GameSpot, GameSpy and More

7.5 seems fair, 1/5 is insane - it's not nearly that bad!

"Two Worlds drops you in the middle of nowhere, without any instructions, and expects you to survive. This is a hardcore RPG that will turn away beginners within minutes of starting a new game."

This guy cannot have been paying much attention to the game when he played it. The quote is simply wrong! The game starts, you get a main quest, the location you have to go to next in this quest is marked on your map... there is actually a good deal of hand-holding in this game! Often you'll get a quest, and from the description it sounds like you'll have to search for the location - but a small dot on the map always guides you directly to where you need to go. I wonder what this guy would say about Gothic 2's quests if he finds Two Worlds to be a hardcore rpg :)

Yes, there is a lot of handholding in this game, if you let the game hold your hand that ;) If you hit the L button on your keyboard, you get access to your Logbook. You can then uncheck the checkmarks next to the quests, locations, and cities boxes. Unlike Oblivion, you can turn the handholding OFF.

Last edited:
I will likely review it, once I get to play it!! Having to wait so long for a copy is a pain in the gluteus, but that's international releases!!

7.5 seems fair, 1/5 is insane - it's not nearly that bad!

My thoughts exactly. It's far from perfect, but I still think it has some merit and is worth playing. They seemed to have their minds set on ripping this game apart before they even started the review.

As of where I'm at right now I'd give it around a 7.0, but I'm playing the Xbox 360 version.

What's so different in the Xbox 360 version that it warrants such differences in opinions? I thought the game looked pretty good with everything turned up and I imagine that the Xbox 360 is more than powerful enough to pull that off.

No proper multiplayer, and console gamers (rightly) expect a certain level of polish out of the box.

If the witcher is coming so soon, I would have this game for sure. I think I am willing to spend $40-30 dollars on this.

What's so different in the Xbox 360 version that it warrants such differences in opinions? I thought the game looked pretty good with everything turned up and I imagine that the Xbox 360 is more than powerful enough to pull that off.
It is powerful enough, but it is a matter of optimization and polish. From what I've heard the XBOX30 version looks like a PS2 game at best,and is gimped in terms of MP.

Yes, there is a lot of handholding in this game, if you let the game hold your hand that ;) If you hit the L button on your keyboard, you get access to your Logbook. You can then uncheck the checkmarks next to the quests, locations, and cities boxes. Unlike Oblivion, you can turn the handholding OFF.

You can always mod it off in Oblivion.

It is powerful enough, but it is a matter of optimization and polish. From what I've heard the XBOX30 version looks like a PS2 game at best,and is gimped in terms of MP.

I find that strange. You'd think that it wouldn't be so difficult for a game that was developed towards multiple platforms to at least make it look the same. The screenshots I've seen looked okay and Gamespot says the visuals are "nice-looking." But oh well.

Funny, though. I remember first hearing about this game and thought it could prove very, very interesting as a new contender for the massive open-ended RPG throne. Now, it seems it's just not really up to the original potential I first saw in it. Same for Gothic 3, I thought nothing could go wrong with the title. Goes to show that you can't trust PR, screenshots and first instincts.

I find that strange. You'd think that it wouldn't be so difficult for a game that was developed towards multiple platforms to at least make it look the same. The screenshots I've seen looked okay and Gamespot says the visuals are "nice-looking." But oh well.

Yep, apparently it is a mess, couple of quotes:
"A friend of mine, who was completely stoked for the 360 release, says it is the "worst game he has ever played." "

"Yeah, the framerate is really, really bad. It makes everything feel clunky. "

Back
Top Bottom