Gothic - Gets a Prequel

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The mod team Soulfire is still working on a Gothic prequel right now - the first part Vaduz will probably be released in 2020:

Gothic Is Getting A Prequel - The History of Khorinis

Gothic is back - The History of Khorinis Q&A

More information.

You need to put "Mod" in the title of this newsbit. I almost had a heart-attack from excitement when I saw it because I thought it was Piranha Bytes. :)

*Edit* After watching the videos, I remember this now. I saw a promo video for it a few years ago. It seems incredibly ambitious. I hope they succeed.

Last edited:
Whoa my heart must have skipped a bump when I read the topic. :)

Although it is just a mod, this will definitelty be goty worthy material for me. Quite excting to see the end result. Hopefully piranha bytes and the mod team collabrate someway in the future if this mod turns out a successfull part of Gothic saga. Full english voice acting for instance would be an amazing thing.

Edit: In the q&a video, they are mentioning that the professional english voice acting is planned as well. But even if such thing would never realize, the quality of polish voice acting seems darn great, so this will definitelty be worth of playing with subtitles. :)

Last edited:
I'm in. Years ago, I was in a store and picked up G2 on a whim. Played it 'til the end and thought, "I gotta find G1." I got that and played it, too. Best games ever. Love the atmosphere and exploration. I still find stuff I missed on each new play through.

The guy voicing the QA video was voicing a very interesting series of videos on the production history of the Gothics from a few years back. Hearing him again just tells me that this is a pretty dedicated modding group.
I, for one, hope they'll get a page on steam's store like the Oblivion mod Nehrim, otherwise it's hard to keep all these ambitious modding projects.

Wake me up when it's released and has as good a translation as is being promised.

The returning 2.0 mod was meant to give us an amazing experience, but apparently the mod still isn't translated properly...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Got my hopes for an official prequel then read it's just a mod.:(

Back
Top Bottom