Phoenix Point - Free Aiming Explained

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new video from UnstableVoltage explains how free aiming will work in Phoenix Point.

Disclosure: I am an employee of Snapshot Games - developer of Phoenix Point.

I present a quick overview of the work in progress free-aiming system for Phoenix Point.

Phoenix Point is the new Turn-Based tactical game by X-Com creator, Julian Gollop. Set for release late 2018, with pre-alpha access coming around April.

For more information, visit the website: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?ev...AxNTIzNzgwNzg0&q=http://www.phoenixpoint.info

http://www.phoenixpoint.info
More information.

This looks really really good.

I'm liking the free aim but the fact they actually implemented time units of sorts is even better. This game is shaping up better than I dared hope for.

Yea if I had known they were that good I would have gone with a higher tier on the fig. Hum. Maybe they will do another fig.

I'm liking the free aim but the fact they actually implemented time units of sorts is even better. This game is shaping up better than I dared hope for.

Free aiming? What's that exactly?
Opposite of mushrooms autoaiming or what?

Sounding more and more interesting and I also have no clue what they mean with the "free aiming" feature.

It looks like it adds the ability to manually target specific body parts, as well as cover.

I like the time unit bar. Strokes of genius already.

Free aiming? What's that exactly?
Opposite of mushrooms autoaiming or what?

From what I've seen, it is the ability your soldier will have to take specific shots at cover (thus destroying it) and/or alien body parts.

So basically it's slightly different FO2 VATS?
In such case, assuming the story will feel rich and crazy as was in FO2, I'll buy the game instantly.

My thoughts exactly. Free aiming is cool, but the sorta/kinda pseudo TUs looks really great. Can't wait till this one comes out.

The free aiming is a way of letting the player pick exactly where to aim. If an enemy is partly obstructed and you just fire I'm guessing the engine will always pick center mass as target while free aiming allows to shift exactly where your trooper is aiming. The shot can then deviate as normal but will hit somewhere within the red circle (watch the video), because professionals won't miss a 20 meter shot with several meters…

If that didn't make sense at all just watch the video instead, it's not that long and you can skip to the important part.

Back
Top Bottom