Tales of Arise - Delayed Indefinitely

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
According to a press release from Bandai Namco, Tales of Arise is delayed indefinitely.

For everyone who has been patiently waiting for "Tales of Arise"
25 June 2020
As you may have already seen in media stories and on our social media channels, we have made the decision to delay the launch timing of "Tales of Arise", the latest title in the "Tales of" series.

The goal for Tales of Arise is to provide a familiar but innovative gameplay experience to fans of the series, while pushing the technical envelope to deliver a high level of graphical quality to impress both long-time players and those who have never played a Tales Of game. Development on the title has moved steadily forward in 2020 as we overcame challenges along the way.

While COVID-19 has affected some aspects of development, we've done our best to adapt to the situation and have implemented remote development capabilities for our team.

However, we will need more time to achieve the quality and provide the gorgeous experience we envision for our players, and therefore we decided to delay the launch timing for Tales of Arise.

A new launch window update will be provided once we have more details to share.

In the meantime, the determination of our development team has not weakened. It is always darkest before the dawn, as illustrated in the image below. We hope you will join us as a bring a new Tales Of adventure to light.

Feel free to download this image and use it as a reminder for what's to come for PC background or remote meeting.

You can download the image HERE

Thank you for your patience and support for "Tales of Arise" and the "Tales of" series.
Regards,

Yusuke Tomizawa the producer of "Tales of Arise"

More information.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and it's being lost in translation, but to me "launch timing" refers to marketing/sales considerations, not a product actually being done. Like they don't think this would be a profitable time to release the game.

I'm a bit surprised by the delay. I preordered this 11 months ago during a promotion.
Not that it matters... I already have too much on my plate this year, and my backlog continues to grow.

Completely forgot about this game. Can't believe it's been a few years already.

Back
Top Bottom