Mass Effect: Andromeda - New Alien Race

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PC Gamer they have information on a new alien race for Mass Effect: Andromeda called Kett. There is a picture of the Kett at the link provided.

The good folk at Game Informer have revealed the first deatiled look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's alien bad guys, a new race known as the Kett. Art director Joel MacMillan says in the video that BioWare took a different approach to the creation of this race than it did with the ETs of previous games, in order to adequately differentiate them from the Milky Way aliens we're more familiar (and comfortable) with.

Unlike the "clean, sleek, hard surfaces" seen on the bulk of the races in the Mass Effect trilogy, the Kett have a more "organic" look to their armor and architecture. BioWare went back and forth a bit on just how alien to make them, though. There was some thought given to designing them to be dramatically more alien than the Asari or Turian, but ultimately the decision was made to keep them bidpedal-and clothed, too. ("Definitely the right choice," MacMillan said.)
More information.

Erm... How is new Shepard supposed to have sex with *that*?

Don't like it...too inorganic, I guess? More like Frankenstein than alien life form...looks like half it's head is missing.
Original races had great aestethic ( that put most of Sci fi races to shame) with a nice balance of alien/human...this is more bizarre.
Bioware's race design has gone a bit downhill in last few years.

Seems there is also a new alien sweater:
http://www.biowarestore.com/apparel/n7-holiday-sweater

sweater-me-n7holiday-front.jpg

WTF Bioware?
After so many cool rags I bought there, this one is a disaster if you ask me. Anyone has a trick to unsee something?

Taking a gander on a secret motivation for establishing a colony in Andromeda:

Galacto-historians realize that another Reaper purge is inevitable. However, if an independent colony is established in Andromeda, that can be used to reseed the Milky Way. By the time of the next Reaper purge, the hope is that those races will be so advanced they could withstand the storm.

That's the reason why so many resources are being spent on this expedition.

Back
Top Bottom